Invitation to jungles of Belize

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Ivan...

Ex member
Jul 28, 2011
Dartmoor
Hi Paul, You know me non conformist, and with all travel/holiday companies taking the urine during school holidays , with it being a trip of a lifetime for us , i for one am quite happy to exclude Katie during term time , whatever Mr Cameron says !! (responsible parenting as ever ) its worked fine with the other 5 !!

Ichneumon

Nomad
Jul 4, 2011
Lancashire (previously Dartmoor)
Hi Paul.

I assume you could/would travel the weekend of Sat 31/3 - Sun 1/4 if you are wanting to co-incide with school holidays. Ivan seems to be prepared to overlook this small technicality, so the ball's in your court. Of course we have not heard from Lucy, who may also be effected by this too, and Rick hasn't cast his lot yet either, and that's just from the the ones we know about - it's early days yet.

Steve.

About the only thing Igor is offering is hospitality and a warm welcome - there is nothing on the land but trees. So it's tarp and hammock or tent, up to you. There is some civilisation not too far away (by car) so supply/resupply is not a problem. (Igor: Correct me if I'm wrong).

ATB

Paul

mrcairney

Settler
Jun 4, 2011
West Pennine Moors
there is nothing on the land but trees. So it's tarp and hammock or tent, up to you. There is some civilisation not too far away (by car) so supply/resupply is not a problem. (Igor: Correct me if I'm wrong).

That there sounds extremely interesting. Put me down with a possible +1, I'm easy on the dates (but later is better. More time to gather kit and save up)

Ichneumon

Nomad
Jul 4, 2011
BELIZE JUNGLE TRIP - Show of hands (copy n paste)
Please copy and paste this list to join it or update it with your preferences

'Yes Please' - Prefered travel date - Duration (weeks 1/2)
Ivan........................Open............................?
Katie........................Open ...........................?
Savagewolfrm..............?................................?
Paul Webster.............1/4?.......... .................2 wks
Julie.........................1/4?.......... .................2 wks
Talia........................1/4?.......... .................2 wks
Steve......................Open............................?

JIM-BEAM

Oct 7, 2011
USA, Chicago
www.ceu-inc.com
Correct me if I'm wrong).
Paul, you are not wrong. The land about 3-4 miles from the village by land. 40 min by boat to Chetumal. regardless of number of bushcrafters in the party we will have to rent at least one vehicle. There are no structures on the land now, but I am planning it in the future. Some area of the land is dense with bush and trees, we will have to find the spot for the camp ourselves, unless the trip will be later, after several my trips alone and I will discover good spot for it. My local guys and I will be thinning the jungle and will be clearing the beach area too. I will post some pictures, when it will be done. Meantime I can post some of the latest pictures from the area. Machete and knifes are WELCOME!!!

IG

JIM-BEAM

Oct 7, 2011
USA, Chicago
www.ceu-inc.com
Steve, I do lots of crazy things. For now I run this: www.ceu-inc.com
My goal is to spend more time in Belize. I do not have exact plans for this land, but I think I am done with SNOW!!! for now.
I already have one of my boats in Belize, then - I'll see where it takes me...
IG

JIM-BEAM

Oct 7, 2011
USA, Chicago
www.ceu-inc.com
belize.jpg

Paul Webster

Jan 29, 2011
Stroud
There's no reason we can't pull Talia out of school during term time as well, if the fights will be cheaper etc. If I'm not wrong though, the sooner we book the flights the better, in terms of costs. Flights are published 11 months in advance and become more expensive as taxes rise etc.

IG, can we fly to Chetumal rather than doing the 5 hour bus trip from Cancun?

JIM-BEAM

Oct 7, 2011
USA, Chicago
www.ceu-inc.com
IG, can we fly to Chetumal rather than doing the 5 hour bus trip from Cancun?

Hi Paul, Chetumal is not big airport. I don't think you can find direct flight, but probably you can find the connection. In the past I found out that it cost me the same to fly from Chicago to Cancun and then from Cancun to Chetumal. If you find good flight prices - no problem at all. About the flight prices - it is erratic and based of many things. You are right in one respect: to book it at least 21 day prior the flight I found mostly acceptable. At the same time any region is different, I would verify with your local availability. I would also to consult the agent with no obligation to buy through them. I find all y tickets anywhere I fly (and I fly a lot) on the internet.

Also let's see who is committed to go and let's agree on some dates.

IG

LRforestschool

Forager
Jun 27, 2011
West Devon
I have just returned from being buried in my coursework (nearly there now) to find that you guys have cracked on nicely with some plans. In theory I am still in but looking at the finances. Has anyone managed to estimate cost yet? Really don't want to miss this opportunity.

Ichneumon

Nomad
Jul 4, 2011
I was wondering, to the point of worrying, where you'd got to. Welcome back!

Good to know it was only coursework that had buried you.

It's all gone a bit quiet over the last week or two Lucy. Paul (W) and family have their names down provisionally, as does Ivan. Rick and Adam put their hands up originally but have gone quiet since. We're not expecting commitment at this stage, just a show of interest to see if it's worth pursuing.

Looks like the cost would be about £200 - 300 (see my previous posts) for the flights but after that - peanuts.

ATB

Paul

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE