Introducing Bushcraft to SWMBO

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Tank

Aug 10, 2009
Witney, Oxfordshire
Today I took the girlfriend out to the woods for lunch, I am slowly getting her into the woods. Last summer was her first time camping (family camping style loads of kit) But today we planned an afternoon in the woods for a bit of a bushcraft lunch.

Weather was not the best as it has been pretty non stop rain for the best part of a week.

And as you can see there is just a little bit of flooding down by the River Evenlode

The wind must have blown this down in the past 2 weeks since I was last down the woods.

it was only just raining, but just in case it decided to get worse I put the tarp up.

SWMBO was enjoying herself so much watching me do all the work and gathering firewoods she took a selfie.

Getting the fire in the honey stove was nice and easy with a magic biscuit.

Drying the twigs in my pocket worked a treat.

The lunch was an easy pizza Calzone, made with a tortilla. some bbq sauce and ham and mushroom with cheese did the job.

Tin foil hat to keep the heat in.

Flip

Then I was told it was time for a photo.

And then it was ready.

Once enjoyed it was time to get the fire going again for desert.

Banana and choc once again, one of my personal favourites.

On the hive with a coffee brewing up

SWMBO now loves banana and chocolate. Sadly no rum or whiskey, as Sam (SWMBO) is pregnant.

I did forget about a spoon, but thankfully i had something that SWMBO was happy to use. Not like i will need to use the card again.

Sitting and relaxing before its time to pack up and finish a walk and head home.

The path was washed out so had to head back the way we had come.

One happy SWMBO after enjoying a few hours in the woods. Next step is a night out before the bump gets to big and uncomfortable.

Bluebs4

Aug 12, 2011
Bristol
well done iv been trying to take the wife to the woods for the last 25 years .......but she refused to carry the shovel .

looks like a great day out .

copper_head

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Feb 22, 2006
Hull
Nice one, looks like a good day out. Just started to get my missus into this bushy lark, nice to do these things together.

Buckshot

Mod
Mod
Jan 19, 2004
Oxford
It's definitely wet there isn't it, I've been watching the levels too!

So what time should we come round next time then?

Congrats on the bump by the way

Tank

Aug 10, 2009
Witney, Oxfordshire
Do your pockets up Man...... first a pocket then a submarine hatch :rolleyes:

The pockets were full of twigs drying out in case i needed to get the fire going again for another brew :) But it has been noted :You_Rock_

Nice one, looks like a good day out. Just started to get my missus into this bushy lark, nice to do these things together.

Its good to get the other half involved, just as long as she gets her own kit :D (but then she would know the real cost of the kit :()

It's definitely wet there isn't it, I've been watching the levels too!

So what time should we come round next time then?

Congrats on the bump by the way

I don't think there is a river around that not now in the surrounding fields, and lunch is 1pm, welcome to join us next time :)

and Thanks guys, looking forward to being a dad again.

bopdude

Feb 19, 2013
Stockton on Tees
Great pics, albeit wet pics, at least the pair of you enjoyed it, I'm just getting mine into camping and slowly I'll get the bushy side instilled into her, hammock stylee :D

Jammylodger

Tenderfoot
Jul 8, 2013
Leicester
Hi,
wow you must let me know when you are out for the day again, so that I can conveniently drop by. With cuisine like that I'm all in.
Perhaps buy your girlfriend her very own spork in the colour of her choice, and save the Blockbuster card for filling holes in the wall.

Keep up the good work

Ivan...

Ex member
Jul 28, 2011
Dartmoor
Nice one Tank, at least now i know you were telling the truth, when you backed out of the 24 hour rat pack challenge with the excuse you were doing your hair!

Nice pics and report, and congrats on the bump making!

Regards.

Ivan...

TinkyPete

Sep 4, 2009
uk mainly in the Midlands though
Nice one Tank, Glad you have some time in the woods.

Just got out myself whilst visiting Scotland and friends, was wet up there too, no pictures as I managed to loose my phone on the walk.

Now back home and going for a few wanders before I head back down to work.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE