"International Transaction" - What the heck?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Wook

Settler
Jun 24, 2012
Angus, Scotland
Today while viewing my online statement, I came across a fee labelled "International Transaction" for £1.50. What the heck? "I haven't bought anything recently", I thought to myself.

I have heard of banking scams where people take small amounts of money from many accounts in the hope of not being noticed - maybe that is what was happening?

I scratched my head for a few minutes until I read the transaction immediately under the suspect one.

It read:

"BIOLITE US 179.00"

Yes!!

The suspect charge was the exchange rate fee for sending money to an American company. That they've taken the money out means my stove has shipped.

I can't wait!

Wook

Settler
Jun 24, 2012
Angus, Scotland
That's $179 including shipping. It comes to about £120.

Small price to pay for a machine that at first glance breaks the laws of thermodynamics ;)

The fan heats the fire which powers the fan which heats the fire which powers the fan......

swright81076

Tinkerer
Apr 7, 2012
Castleford, West Yorkshire
The concept is brilliant. I've made several gasifiers with fans, but didn't go down the road of TEG as didn't know which one would be suitable.
I think for a decent generator your looking about £40. So £120 isn't too far out of the woods really.

sent from my Jelly Bean'd galaxy nexus.

Hoodoo

Nov 17, 2003
Michigan, USA
That's $179 including shipping. It comes to about £120.

Small price to pay for a machine that at first glance breaks the laws of thermodynamics ;)

The fan heats the fire which powers the fan which heats the fire which powers the fan......

You continue to put energy into the system in the form of fuel so no laws are violated. :)

Although...I have actually not looked at this contraption... ;)

Also, I doubt the fan heats the fire eh? It just increases the flow of oxygen to the fire.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE