International Men's Day.

• Hey Guest, We're having our annual Winter Moot and we'd love you to come. PLEASE LOOK HERE to secure your place and get more information.
    For forum threads CLICK HERE

TeeDee

Nov 6, 2008
Exeter
( Taken from my SM )

Tomorrow is International Men's Day.

mens1.jpg
I try to post this every year to do my bit to raise awareness as much as I can, as its a subject that I'm passionate about.
I've lost a couple of Male friends to suicide and have at times in the past struggled myself with darker thoughts that I'm sure many of us do ( male and female ) - in silence and without feeling able to be able to ask for help.

Statistics on Suicide are quite simply harrowing.
https://media.samaritans.org/.../Suicide_Stats_England...

So before people start reaching for the 'Like' button to show solidarity I wonder if I can ask the following?? ,- message, text, ring , facetime - whatever - any of your male friends you've not seen for while just to say:- " Hi! How you doing " and check in with them.

Men as we all know , are not the best for communicating their feelings at the best of times, - never mind the worst of times.

Thank You.

TeeDee

santaman2000

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Jan 15, 2011
Florida
Those numbers speak for themselves. That said, I suspect some of them are slanted due to men's reluctance to report (domestic violence being the obvious one) and the real numbers are likely higher.

TeeDee

Nov 6, 2008
Exeter

I'd be far more content if Men could just find the ability to talk/unload/vent before they need to cry to be honest - although crying is perfectly acceptable. Just don't like the idea people need to get to the point that they are juggling fragile emotions and crying before some breakthrough 'allows' them to talk.

But yes, all good points. Thank you.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE