Interesting Alaska Town

Rich D

Forager
Jan 2, 2014
Nottingham
Same bear and a write up?
img_1513.jpg

http://fulltimeusa.com/2012/07/12/brown-bear-watching-in-valdez-alaska/ backs up facebook story? What do you think?

Stevie777

Native
Jun 28, 2014
Strathclyde, Scotland
fair enough, Stevie777 I bow to your photoshop knowledge.
I've studied the UFO Phenomenon for years. my expertise is not photoshop, more human behaviour.

Check out this Fake. I'll admit, it had me fooled for a bit.
[video=youtube;eK0pO79YkvY]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eK0pO79YkvY[/video]

With the invention of CGI, super duper computers and editing software it's getting hard to tell what's real and what's fake these days, but just as editing software and computers are improving so is the softwre to un-photoshop pics and un-edit videos.

The op's pic of the Bear with Salmon didn't even need to be analysed using a computer to prove it was faked, the photoshopper did the job for us by being lazy.

mrcharly

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jan 25, 2011
North Yorkshire, UK
I wasn't sure how you'd arrived at the conclusion that the shadow was a human pair of legs!

Thanks for that link, Rich. Fascinating, I'd really like to go to Alaska (or Canada) sometime.

Macaroon

A bemused & bewildered
Jan 5, 2013
SE Wales
I've looked at this pic a good deal, and although I've no training or background as a photographer, that particular image rings all the wrong bells in me; can't tell you why, but it just looks dodgy to me.

I stand to be corrected :)

mrcharly

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jan 25, 2011
North Yorkshire, UK
I've looked at this pic a good deal, and although I've no training or background as a photographer, that particular image rings all the wrong bells in me; can't tell you why, but it just looks dodgy to me.

I stand to be corrected :)
Read rich d's link.
It's not in a town the people in the pic were taken to a spot by a tour guide to see bears. So the road is just between the beach and forest, the bear is running through a gap in the cars to get to the forest (probably sick of being photographed!).

george47

Banned
Aug 14, 2015
North Gulf of Mexico
You can tell it is photoshoped because the salmon is a Scottish salmon - not a Pacific variety (counting the dorsal fin bones gives it away) Also I see the one woman is holding a camera when in fact all 4 people would be holding up their phones to film it. Also he is running so fast only his front leg shadows have kept up.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE