Insulated Trousers

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.
Apr 8, 2009
Ashdown Forest
Another vote for the issue softie trousers. Very cheap, very comfy, and nice and warm. The only thing that you might think about doing is adding a draw string into the waist/extra elastic as they can start to fall down depending on sizing, if you go charging around the woods in them. Depending on the model, they either have full length side zips or short zips at the ankles to assist in quickly pulling on without taking your boots off.

I usually just chuck them on in the evenings or if a very cold night is expected.

just type 'army thermal trousers' into ebay.

cbrdave

Dec 2, 2011
South East Kent.
I had a pair of crag hoppers a few years ago, great lined trousers, couldn't fault them, unfortunately the neighbours dog ripped them to shreds after they blew of the line and over the fence, i found a pair yesterday in a charity shop new with rags for £7.50

baggins

Apr 20, 2005
Coventry (and surveying trees uk wide)
TBH, get a decent pair of thermal trousers that you can wear under your craghoppers, far more versatility and weigh much less. something like the wool power or aclima 400gm would do it. lined trousers are all well and good if the weather is cold during the day as well as the night, but, in the uk, you can have minus temps at nights and plus double figures during the day (as i found out this weekend, lol) and lined trousers are just too warm to move around in.

Robson Valley

Nov 24, 2014
McBride, BC
Maybe I'm outdoors in the perpetual mountain wind, -15C and shovelling snow drifts off my front walkways.
I have 3 pairs of lined trousers, can't recall the price but they didn't break the bank.
Typical blue denim shell with a sewn-in flannel cotton liner.
a) they effectively block the wind as much as keep my chilly legs from getting any colder.
b) not the least bit waterproof but at -15C, the snow brushes off like sand.
c) heavy. For what I do, that's OK. Not if weight was a premium issue.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE