Instant Noodles

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

durulz

Need to contact Admin...
Jun 9, 2008
Elsewhere
You're all wrong.
It's Roysters T-bone steak bubble crisps, and you bloody well know it.
That or Smiths bacon fries - a far superior Frazzle.

jimmyh

Mar 7, 2007
Merseyside
Stop doing me noodle in....I used to be crisp monitor in junior school and consumed most of the stock whilst setting up and putting away. So I can therefore speak from a position of great authority.
Any family size, baked, red mill crisps, prawn cocktail are best but as with most things of great quality, very rare.
Also good are : Scampi fries with lager, Wheat crunchies pre 1995 (less flavouring since) , Pickled onion walkers with salad cream on white bread and of course the original billy bingo with his magic Ringos.

Ps.I add extra water, pepper, olive oil, chili sauce and soy to cheap noodles to make soup.

John Fenna

Lifetime Member & Maker
Oct 7, 2006
Pembrokeshire
I tried some of the Aldi instant noodles - the curry flavour.
Not a very good curry taste but the noodles were OK...
Made without the flavouring and then splashed with Tamari (the only Soy Sauce worth using IMHO:) ) they made a decent snack.
Oh for some Blue Dragon Won Ton.....
Even Tescos dont stock them any more!:(

Wilderbeast

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Dec 9, 2008
Essex-Cardiff
just had somerfield value noodles but used a chicken and vegetable cuppa soup instead of the seasoning sachet, can't believe how much better it was!!! noodles so much plumper!

C

catman61

1st time so scuse but agree with gunslinger cheap noodles+wuw (homeless so live in woods+streets noodles work so do trangias)

wicca

Native
Oct 19, 2008
South Coast
I haven't eaten crisps for years, ever since I ate the little blue one that used to be in 'Smiths Crisps' yuk! salty...:lmao: :lmao: (only wrinklies of a certain vintage will know what I am waffling on about..:D :D )

C

catman61

new on site so sorry but agree wiv john fenna dragon best noodles but any mixed wiv meat&or veg keeps u alive (homeless so live in woods&on streets learnt hard way)

C

catman61

soz wink there 1st (ps wots diffrens tween member&full member?)

gunslinger

Nomad
Sep 5, 2008
Devon
new on site so sorry but agree wiv john fenna dragon best noodles but any mixed wiv meat&or veg keeps u alive (homeless so live in woods&on streets learnt hard way)

Hi Catman

I am sure you are excellent chap but I am guessing you are around 16 by your style of writing.
No problem with you being young ,other than a tiny bit of jealousy,although not much as I don't think I would like to be a youth now.

However for the older generation ( well me actually) it is a pain in the **** trying to read it.
So if you could post in normal english,it would help me greatly.
Thanks in advance

GS

PS Is it just me ??????:confused: :confused:

rik_uk3

Banned
Jun 10, 2006
south wales
No GS, not just you, I find "text speak" not only lazy speech but a sad reflection on the education system where young people can't put a sentence together. My spelling and grammar is far from perfect but I hope its easy enough to read and be understood by nine out of ten English speakers.

We have to remember, not all members here are from the UK and English is a second language to some so what is written here must be clear.

scottishwolf

Settler
Oct 22, 2006
Ayr
A couple of other forums I'm a member of kick you off for using txt speak. They reckon if you can't be bothered to take the time to write a proper post then you shouldn't be posting. It really does annoy me but I can understand that some people only know how to write like this which really is quite sad when you think about it.

Here's a sticky from the forum....

Just to inform new members and existing ones that any posts or threads started on this forum containing text talking that would commonly be used on a mobile phone will be removed and the member warned, if you keep offending you will be banned from the forum...full stop..

This is a hunting discussion forum, and if you cannot be bothered to write a post or thread properly, you have no place here...

Black Sheep

Native
Jun 28, 2007
North Yorkshire
photobucket.com
Went shopping the other day and noticed that you can get pot noodles without the pot now, their called "Wot Not In A Pot Noodle":lmao:

Also I agree with the comments about "Text speak" it's a pain in the A*** to try to read:soapbox:

Richard

locum76

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Oct 9, 2005
Kirkliston
regards text speak:

i know nothing of catman and he may have perfect english and write beautiful letters and poems but....

sometimes people are illiterate or having learning difficulties which make it impossible for them to write perfect prose. perhaps we should cut them some slack so they can enjoy the wonderful resource that this forum is.

this is not a dig at you gunslinger, or anybody else. I just like that this forum is open to all, and wanted to say my wee piece.

back on topic: my favourite noodles would be the thin oriental ones because when you deep fry them they go big and bushy. for camping any cheap old dry noodles do fine, especially if you've got some miso powder to go with them.

peace and harmony to all noodle lovers.

c u l8r

rob :240:

gunslinger

Nomad
Sep 5, 2008
Devon
regards text speak:

i know nothing of catman and he may have perfect english and write beautiful letters and poems but....

sometimes people are illiterate or having learning difficulties which make it impossible for them to write perfect prose. perhaps we should cut them some slack so they can enjoy the wonderful resource that this forum is.

this is not a dig at you gunslinger, or anybody else. I just like that this forum is open to all, and wanted to say my wee piece.

back on topic: my favourite noodles would be the thin oriental ones because when you deep fry them they go big and bushy. for camping any cheap old dry noodles do fine, especially if you've got some miso powder to go with them.

peace and harmony to all noodle lovers.

c u l8r

rob :240:

Now go back and read what he has written. It is mainly composed of real words shortened
proving the point that he knows what the words are and I'm fairly certain that he knows how to spell them. Its a variety of textspeak.

From my experience most people with reading and writing difficulties,including my girlfriends twins want to learn,so just saying that's ok, is not really helpful

Catman what browser are you using as there are plenty of goodish spellcheckers,in fact the latest version of Firefox has one built in and IE has a small download.

Its a loss to me and the poster,as he may be asking for something I can help with. However after a while I cant be bothered to read these posts.

Just my opinion.
GS

Tadpole

Nov 12, 2005
Bristol
I must be hip and trendy as I can both read and understand what catman61 has written

soz wink there 1st (ps wots diffrens tween member&full member?)

Sorry ;) there first post (please what is the difference between being a member and a full member? )

His/her posting style is very young and not appropriate on this site, but it is perfectly clear if not easy to read. Others more ‘wiser’ members on this site have somewhat less room to talk as their spelling and grammar is only just a tad better.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE