Instant Noodles

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

torc

Settler
Nov 23, 2005
left coast, ireland
In Ireland KOKA noodles are very popular, much less salty and way cheaper than other brands. I don't know if they are widely available in the UK though.
A lot of the noodles that are for sale in Asian food markets are not bad either, you can guess the flavour from the cover photo. The Korean ones are good just as long as there is no picture of a labrador on front.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Koka_noodles
http://www.spicesofindia.co.uk/acatalog/Koka-Oriental-Style-Instant-Noodles-Stir-Fried-Noodles.html
Happy trails...torc.

ecobandit

Tenderfoot
Dec 28, 2007
northumberland
Rik, we only get around to issuing real bans after someone has really unequivocally shown they are only here to cause trouble, or profit at the other member's expense. You gotta do something big to catch a Mod's attention!

Hmmm! not quite the level playing field methinks:tapedshut......I smell waste product of male four legged grass eating mammal

There's not really a superior instant noodle, it's a matter of taste. There are however, better ordinary noodles. There are also reports of doctored instant noodles made from adulterated flour and fried in lard from diseased pigs, so in the long run you are probably better off sticking to your UK's traditional "golden wonder spicy curry pot chemical"

Wink

Need to contact Admin...
Nov 4, 2004
Norfolk
I can't believe how lightly everyone is taking the whole noodle question! There is only one sort worth having: Blue Dragon (Won Ton flavour). All others are a pale imitation.

BushTucker

Settler
Feb 3, 2007
Weymouth
Well, I am almost lost for words how things are going on this simple debate.

IMHO noodles are noodles, if you like a brand then buy it and enjoy it, if you dont agree with a persons choice then basicly, tough...

Morrisons or king Li are my choice for cost.

John Fenna

Lifetime Member & Maker
Oct 7, 2006
Pembrokeshire
I can't believe how lightly everyone is taking the whole noodle question! There is only one sort worth having: Blue Dragon (Won Ton flavour). All others are a pale imitation.

The worlds finest!
But try finding them around Cardigan......:(

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
I can't find them anymore and am reduced to eating Marmite rice cakes.......kind of an acquired taste, and texture tbh :rolleyes:

cheers,

Toddy

scanker

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Aug 15, 2005
Cardiff, South Wales
Over-rated, Chris I'm afraid. After sampling them all, onion bhaji is the outright winner by a long way, and whoever suggested chocolate and chilli wants stringing up!

I like the thai style "pot noodles" branded Tiger Tiger or something. I've yet to try flavouring plain noodles with cup-a-soups - I'll have to give it a go.

Kepis

Bushcrafter through and through
Jul 17, 2005
Sussex
Whatever happened to Hedgehog flavoured crisps?, used to love them

Nagual

Native
Jun 5, 2007
Argyll
Whatever happened to Hedgehog flavoured crisps?, used to love them

Someone told me they were still about, although that was last year sometime. I tried Walkers new Squirrel crisps the other day and they tasted like BBQ Chicken flavour crisps. Not tried real squirrel so no idea if thats what they taste like... :lmao:

sapper1

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Feb 3, 2008
swansea
Hedgehog flavour crisps must contain hedgehog,whereas hedgehog flavoured crisps only need to taste of hedgehog.
Can't see many people eating mrs tiggywinkle perhaps thats why they disappeared.

gzornenplat

Forager
Jan 21, 2009
Surrey
Wasn't the original Hedgehog Flavoured Crisps a company called 'Hedgehog' that produced 'flavoured crisps'? E.g. cheese and onion.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE