inspirational

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

moko

Forager
Apr 28, 2005
out there
Couldnt find much when I searched for this so I guess most people might not have considered Grey Owl, tales of a empty cabin as an essentail Bushcraft book. It doesnt tell you how to do stuff but it does make ya wanna get out there and do it anyway.

What about a book of the month recommendation?

Moko

FeralSheryl

Nomad
Apr 29, 2005
Gloucestershire
moko said:
Couldnt find much when I searched for this so I guess most people might not have considered Grey Owl, tales of a empty cabin as an essentail Bushcraft book. It doesnt tell you how to do stuff but it does make ya wanna get out there and do it anyway.

What about a book of the month recommendation?

Moko

Thanks for the recommendation, I'll check it out. There is actually a great big thread on inspirational books you might like to look through - Here

My Favourites are Walden by Henry David Thoreau
and
Cache Lake Country: Life in the North WoodsbyJohn Rowlands

moko

Forager
Apr 28, 2005
out there
Thanks, I'd read through that thread a while ago and there are some excellent recommendations tucked away there. Stuart also posted up his book list ...actually more like a libary index....which is very interesting should you have a week or so to wade through it!
I'm always up for any recommendations you might have so if you think its good let me know / us all know.
I checked out your wildlife photography via your link and its top stuff, well done.

Cheers, Moko

FeralSheryl

Nomad
Apr 29, 2005
Gloucestershire
moko said:
Thanks, I'd read through that thread a while ago and there are some excellent recommendations tucked away there. Stuart also posted up his book list ...actually more like a libary index....which is very interesting should you have a week or so to wade through it!
I'm always up for any recommendations you might have so if you think its good let me know / us all know.
I checked out your wildlife photography via your link and its top stuff, well done.

Cheers, Moko
Thanks Moko. Its a club so only a few of the photographs are mine, but I'm the main Admin. The members are very talented photographers and take some wonderful photographs of our British Wildlife.

If I find any good new books I'll keep you posted :)

Marts

Native
May 5, 2005
London
Good old Archie Belaney. I agree - his writing is very inspiring. There was quite a fuss about him when it turned out he wasn't born an Apache - he was from Hastings I think! As far as I'm concerned though his writing speaks for itself - he was passionate about his subject and championed it til his death.

moko

Forager
Apr 28, 2005
out there
Yep, its a great book. The essay 'the tree' is a masterful body of work.. simple, chilling and shameful....Strange to think that again it is the same pale people who will be mainly responsible global warming.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE