Insect Netting for Hammock GROUP BUY

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.
Status
Not open for further replies.

MagiKelly

Making memories since '67
Angus Og said:
f-bump.gif

Any news

The guy I have been dealing with is abroad at the moment but he managed to get a message to me telling me that the sample is on the way. When it eventually arrives I only hope that the order will follow somewhat quicker , when placed.

I certainly will not be taking any money until I have the nets in my grubby little hands.

MagiKelly

I HAVE THE SAMPLE !

Mixture of news here. I sent a real snotty email tot eh supplier today and of course got home to find the sample netting on my doorstep :rolleyes: . I also have an email reply from the supplier. He assures me that any order will not be turned around in 4 weeks.
They have not yet returned my original netting so i cannot compare like for like but here are my initial impressions.

The netting is very well made and every bit the equal of the Ecosystem one. If anything I think the netting material is better and has a better flow to it. Also the black material is fine so I would be inclined to go for this rather than the green as I have not seen the green material. The ridge line is also a loot better. Now for the catch. The sample is way too short. It is about 1.6m long where as it should be about 2.7m long (If someone can measure their ecosystem one I would appreciate it)

Despite this being the only problem and one that should be able to be sorted without the need for another sample I am reluctant to go ahead until I have an exact example of what I am ordering. Once I have this I will confirm I have the sample and post a new thread giving a review of it and referring people back here.

This netting will definitely be able to be used with a bivi bag set up as long as you have a ridge line to fit it too.

Excluding the size issue I am very pleased with the sample and believe this will be a superb group buy. A real saving. I will be ordering quite a few extra as I expect a lot of requests after the initial order is placed and I want to avoid having as many group buys as we have had with the hammocks. I have no concerns about ending up with a load of unwanted nets as experience has shown me that they will go eventually.

I will post pictures of the netting I have but it may be a couple of days before I get the chance.

I'll keep you up to date with developments.

HuBBa

Forager
May 19, 2005
Borås, Sweden
www.hubbatheman.com
Awesome =) And don't worry about the turnaroundtime buddy :) By this rate they will arrive just in time for the hatching of the little winged "(&#/"#%&/"#

(oh.. and on another note, imagine now a bad scenario ... birdflu taking out a large part of the small bird population... imagine what that will do with the mosquito and insect populations. Time to sew this into a permanent suit :)

Angus Og

Nov 6, 2004
Glasgow
MagiKelly said:
The sample is way too short. It is about 1.6m long where as it should be about 2.7m long (If someone can measure their ecosystem one I would appreciate it)

from side to side 2.4m.

with these bits added 2.7m

MagiKelly

Angus Og said:
from side to side 2.4m.

with these bits added 2.7m

Thanks Iain, exactly what I needed. Can you also give me the size from the ridge line to the edge of the netting and the width of the nylon skirt?

I have a reply from the supplier. They knew the sample was too small. There was meant to be a not to that effect. The reason it is smaller is due to the size of the sample material that they had in stock.

On this basis I have confirmed that I will be gyving them a size diagram and placing the order on the basis of the sizes in my diagram and the style and quality of the sample. My intention is to make it 0.2m longer overall than the ecosystem one as longer is less of a problem than shorter and I may ask for the netting to be an extra 0.1m longer from the ridge line just to give a bit extra cover.

Over the weekend I will post the pictures on a thread an probably place the order for nets early next week.

MagiKelly

Angus Og said:
Ridge line =2.70m
Base = 2.74m
Middle bit 2.40m

Not got a room to do this.

Thanks again Iain, sorry to be a pain but I am okay with the length now I was looking for the height of the netting. i.e. when the netting is set up and suspended from the ridge line., the height from the ridge line down to where the netting meets the nylon skirt. The the width of the nylon skirt. From memory I would assume the height of the netting will be about.1.1m and the nylon skirt about 0..3 m. Does that make it clear ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE