Insect Bite Relief

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

BorderReiver

Mar 31, 2004
Norfolk U.K.
It's a pietzo-electric thingy that generates a few thousand volts and stuns the nerve endings in the skin around the bite.

It works for me by clicking furiously for several seconds and repeating when the itch returns.

Some form of antihistamine creme works better IMO.;)

Chainsaw

Native
Jul 23, 2007
Central Scotland
I used one of these recently, or rather my sister in law used one on me :eek: Worked pretty well for a couple of midgie bites on the inside of my wrist, were itching like crazy then after a few clicks round about, nothing.:cool: Itch didn't really return but these things usually clear up quite quickly on me.

I'm going to get one... soon

Alan

ganstey

Settler
Whilst in Norway a couple of weeks ago, I got bitten by a Horsefly, which drew blood :eek: A friend told my to put loads of spit on it. I was skeptical, but tried it anyway - and it works. Instantly stopped the itching and pain. A couple more applications of spit, and it disappeared except for a small scar. I did the same on another bite on my elbow from an unknown assailant, and had similar results. It appears to be important to apply the spit as soon as you've been bitten. I usually swell up like I've got boils when I get bitten.

Cheapest treatment I've found, and I always have it with me :D

G

lostagain

Need to contact Admin...
Jun 27, 2008
Windermere
Thanks for the advice. Cream / potions I'll use then forget to replace. Spit! will give it a go next time. As I have always been a sucker for a gadget, ordered mine a few mins ago. I can clip it to my rucksac and forget about it until needed.

Now, just summon the bravery to go out and sacrifice my left arm in the name of research !!! :headbang:

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE