Information on wild camping in Ireland

  • The awesome MakerMoot is coming up (13-15th Nov 2026), Visit the TORM & ARM markets,and have space back at camp to work on projects and enjoy great company. PLEASE CLICK HERE for more information.

Lore

Forager
Dec 19, 2003
109
22
Co Meath, Ireland
Coillte, Ireland's leading forestry company has a very good website to do with getting outdoors. They give information on alot of the forest trails and recreation sites that they own. There is a some very good information on Wild Camping and Leave No Trace Camping. As I understand it you can get a permit to camp but if you are willing to be responsible and leave no trace nobody is going to harass you looking for a permit. I hope this information is useful to some.
http://www.coillteoutdoors.ie/index.php?id=25&no_cache=1
 
hello there
thanks for sharing that info.
are coilte ok with lighting campfires in wilderness-type areas of there parks? camping wild just isnt the same without a wee fire!
i couldnt see any mention of campfires in the website, just that bbqs are ok used sensibly.
Have you ever hunted in their forests, eg deer?
they seem a decent lot, much more relaxed than in the north
thanks
 
I have not hunted in the forest so I cannot comment on hunting . With regard to fire I think the comment Leave No Trace says it all.
With Respect Lore
 
I have not hunted in the forest so I cannot comment on hunting . With regard to fire I think the comment Leave No Trace says it all.
With Respect Lore
 

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE