Information on wild camping in Ireland

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Lore

Forager
Dec 19, 2003
Co Meath, Ireland
Coillte, Ireland's leading forestry company has a very good website to do with getting outdoors. They give information on alot of the forest trails and recreation sites that they own. There is a some very good information on Wild Camping and Leave No Trace Camping. As I understand it you can get a permit to camp but if you are willing to be responsible and leave no trace nobody is going to harass you looking for a permit. I hope this information is useful to some.
http://www.coillteoutdoors.ie/index.php?id=25&no_cache=1

Jun 29, 2006
n ireland
hello there
thanks for sharing that info.
are coilte ok with lighting campfires in wilderness-type areas of there parks? camping wild just isnt the same without a wee fire!
i couldnt see any mention of campfires in the website, just that bbqs are ok used sensibly.
Have you ever hunted in their forests, eg deer?
they seem a decent lot, much more relaxed than in the north
thanks

Lore

Forager
Dec 19, 2003
Co Meath, Ireland
I have not hunted in the forest so I cannot comment on hunting . With regard to fire I think the comment Leave No Trace says it all.
With Respect Lore

Lore

Forager
Dec 19, 2003
Co Meath, Ireland
I have not hunted in the forest so I cannot comment on hunting . With regard to fire I think the comment Leave No Trace says it all.
With Respect Lore

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE