info/scotland

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

bow drill

Oct 12, 2005
wales
going to scotland in july not far from loch lowman any advice on were i could take the wife and daughter will be doing a bit of walking (if i can get them out ) any sights any one would recomend to take a look at
any help gratefully recieved

all the best
bowdrill :confused:

Tobies Sack

Mar 14, 2006
West Lancs
Ben Lomond is meant to be quite an easy Munro as far as Munro's go, check out this website http://www.munromagic.com/MountainInfo.cfm/184 , you could also pickup parts of the West Highland Way. There are untold number of walks in the area that should cover each level of ability. I always ask my walking questions on www.outdoorsmagic.com

Bear in mind July will be Midgie season. I believe that Avon Soft and Simple moisturiser helps in keeping them at bay.

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
Loch Lomond in July.....height of the Tourist Season on the most touristy bit of the Trossachs..... and the roads clogg up, there are never enough toilets and if it rains it's miserable.
That said, it is beautiful, people are friendly, the hotels, B+B's are good, if your camping *book now *:rolleyes: and I hope you have a good holiday.
What to see/where to go.
Hillwalking...the whole area is good walking, my favourite is Ben A'an, though the Munros are good ones, excellent views and not boring like Ben Nevis.
A boat trip out round some of the Loch islands can be a good day too.
Shopping...all of the local towns have interesting shops, and if you've got the car you aren't so very far from Stirling, which has a beautiful castle (okay, so I'm a little biased :eek: ) but it's £8.50 an adult to get in :eek: If you do go, pick up the free audio tour headset, it's very good. :)
Where on Loch Lomond are you going? There's a new Gateway interpretation and shopping centre at Balloch that would be a good starting point for information too.
http://www.lochlomondshores.com/index.asp

Cheers,
Toddy

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE