Individual protection kit (IPK)

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

janso

Dec 31, 2012
Penwith, Cornwall
I've used one to make a groundsheet before; worked great. Even put some eyelets in for pegging out. Could be used for overhead shelter but a bit on the small side, that said, it would work a treat!

Yep Same here, I've used it many times for its intended use.
But since leaving the forces its my Ground sheet.

I found while it does work as a tarp I thought it was a little to small for my needs
As Ian shows it does work, for me a preferred the extra covering the Issued Basha gave, but I soon upgraded again to the DD 3x3 mainly for covering the hammock, the Basha is great for ground dwelling

Although the rope from the IPK does make a good Ridgeline and I still use the pegs with my DD Tarp, the double up as a blow tube for adding Oxygen to my fire.

bilmo-p5

Bushcrafter through and through
Jul 5, 2010
west yorkshire
The trouble with the pegs is that they are uncomfortable to stick in firm ground without a rock or mallet, then when you take them out you find they're full of mud which is hard to get out and can double their weight.

John Fenna

Lifetime Member & Maker
Oct 7, 2006
Pembrokeshire
I use one as a groundsheet, others - cut down - as "landing pads" when hammocking.
The pegs are pants, the cord really useful :)

Philster

Settler
Jun 8, 2014
Poole, Dorset
Again I use mine for a ground sheet - cut it in two, one Polish Lavvu sized, the other for under my bivy bag. I like it as it doesn't "rustle" like some cheap tarps can.

Tonyuk

Settler
Nov 30, 2011
Scotland
They done make the best basha really and aren't meant to if we're being fair. They do make a good groundsheet however or as a tarp to cover kit.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE