Increase your net making speed

Mirius

Nomad
Jun 2, 2007
North Surrey
Well it appears that I have been banned from that forum, which is sort of strange. Wonder what I did when I didn't go there before? Not that I'll ever be able to find out as the page that says you've been banned doesn't have any links out of it to find out why...

Neanderthal

Dec 2, 2004
Cheshire
This site is great. :D

I was having a go at net making at the weekend and suddenly there is a post with improvements on the method.

Cheers
Stu

Jodie

Native
Aug 25, 2006
London
www.google.co.uk
Well it appears that I have been banned from that forum, which is sort of strange. Wonder what I did when I didn't go there before? Not that I'll ever be able to find out as the page that says you've been banned doesn't have any links out of it to find out why...
Me too Mirius - I wonder if it's a BT broadband thing?

Mirius

Nomad
Jun 2, 2007
North Surrey
Could be, I can get on at work - and there at the top of the forum, the admin is boasting about how many spammers he has banned. I suspect that he has got a little carried away with himself - if he bans everybody, then he won't have any spam, but he won't have any users either!

asemery

Settler
Aug 11, 2005
Pennsylvania
pineapple.myfunforum.org
This has been a very popular subject. Many people have found that the tatting method is easier to learn and teach than the regular method.

Mirius I see that you have joined the forum. I am happy the trouble was temporary. Tony

asemery

Settler
Aug 11, 2005
Pennsylvania
pineapple.myfunforum.org
The owner of the site told me that for some reason people from the UK are not able to get on the site at first but were able to log on after a day or two.
I will post the instructions later but keep on trying. There is a lot in the Netting forum as well as many other knotting threads. Tony

asemery

Settler
Aug 11, 2005
Pennsylvania
pineapple.myfunforum.org
I didn't realize how outdated the links are
"Nets and Net Making" section of forum
http://pineapple.myfunforum.org/index.php?c=7
"Increase your Netmaking Speed" thread
http://pineapple.myfunforum.org/Increase_your_net_making_speed_tatting_method_about467.html
I just posted videom of this method. PLease excuse the poor quality of video. Camera cost me one dollar at a garage sale. Background noise is from the activity at a folk life festival where I was demonstating. I give free netmaking lessons there and at the start of the video I am undoing a tangle someone had made. I didn't realize my apprentice was using the camera. Tony

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE