In the woods today...

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Rhoda

Nomad
May 2, 2004
Cornwall
www.worldwild.co.uk
We are running a student course this weekend so I have been out in the woods today and I have had the nicest day. Spring really does seem to be here and the woods look magical. Bluebells are coming up, daffodils are in bloom, the birds are singing and the sun was shining. There are loads of edible greens coming through...found sorrel, pennywort, watercress, bittercress, lovely bright green nettles and bramble shoots. Also found lots of tracks...badger, fox, Roe deer, weasel. The pond was full of frog spawn and fish and I saw bumblebees and ladybirds too. I love Spring, my absolute favourite time of year. :D
Anyone else been out today? What did you see?

Wayne

Mod
Mod
Dec 7, 2003
West Sussex
www.forestknights.co.uk
I spent a lovely day in the woods teaching travel skills and safety awareness.

Got to see several Buzzards flying from tree to tree over the camp fire.

Plenty of tracks too Fallow deer, fox, badger plenty of rabbits but no weasels.

I haven't seen one in a couple of years.

Are they more common down your way?

Rhoda

Nomad
May 2, 2004
Cornwall
www.worldwild.co.uk
I spent a lovely day in the woods teaching travel skills and safety awareness.

Got to see several Buzzards flying from tree to tree over the camp fire.

Plenty of tracks too Fallow deer, fox, badger plenty of rabbits but no weasels.

I haven't seen one in a couple of years.

Are they more common down your way?

We saw buzzards too, I forgot about that! Weasels, I don't know. Angie and I have seen a few tracks recently. She really likes them so I will have to ask her for you as I have no idea about how common they are around here compared to up your way. :D

British Red

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Dec 30, 2005
Mercia
Mmmm there were loads of buzzards where I was..seven on one thermal and on several occasions two displaying clear mating behaviour - swooping, wing touching etc.

3354744022_ce4e4be454_o.jpg

Spotted some lovely ramsoms by a stream too

3354744014_8bd88b336b_o.jpg

It is a truly lovely time of year

Oh Wayne - we get weasels on this part of the Downs now and again. Not common but I've seen a few

Red

MartiniDave

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Aug 29, 2003
Cambridgeshire
I had a few hours on saturday afternoon sitting in the bottom of a hedge in full cammo gear, supposedly deoying pigeon but they had other ideas! I was accompanied by a wonderful selection of song birds including great tits, blue tits, long tailed tits, wrens and best of all a pair of goldcrests!

Pity about all the gnats though! You don't need to be much of a tracker to see where they've been!

Dave

addo

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Feb 8, 2006
Derbyshire
While collecting Birch Sap for my little experiment, I saw/heard Buzzards, Bluebells coming up, and the whole wood has a nicer smell about it. Went to the Badger set on Sat night but other than cleaning out, no sign of them.

British Red

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Dec 30, 2005
Mercia
Funnily enough I saw my first weasel of the year today :)

Miles away from home though - we were up in the Fens

Lovely to see though :D

Peter_t

Native
Oct 13, 2007
East Sussex
spring is awesome! seeing all the trees coming into leaf and blossoming. but iv only really noticed them since i started tree work. i love my job:D

pete

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE