In the woods at night

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

timboggle

Nomad
Nov 1, 2008
Hereford, UK
thanks John

Not that hard actually, easier than telly Directors, I'll say that mate.

The thing to remember is that if you have a journo wanting to use you and your business for a national newspaper article, could you afford not to do it, you simply couldn't buy that media space.

An article I did with Richard Madden (below) back in 2006 for the Telegraph got dozens of customers through the door mate and was used several times in magazines since.

Ask yourself also, would it show your business in a good or bad light, I have turned down offers from some media projects because at the time I thought it not too wise.

Ask the Journo' what they expect to get as the final product and aim to please mate

some more articles from the past below,

Hazel Davies article 2006, an absolute lady.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/travel/2006/aug/22/camping.unitedkingdom.travellingsolo

This was with probably one of the best adventure journalists in Britain, Richard Madden, have a lot of respect for this guy - old school journo and tough as nails and gentleman to boot!!

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/travel/d...utting-the-survival-instinct-to-the-test.html

Guardian again, Carlene Thomas Bailey article, fish out of water comes to mind but adapted in quick time, good girl, good outing

http://www.guardian.co.uk/travel/2007/sep/29/uk.adventure

Thanks for reading

timboggle

Nomad
Nov 1, 2008
Hereford, UK
Good stuff and thanks for the pointers.... After reading that I want to get cracking up Fan y Big...

Allways a pleasure mate,

Fan-y-Big, Aye mate, the Beacons are a fantastic playground......as you know, they have a reputation of biting back, a lot of people are quick to regard the UKs wild places as tame but they can be far from it
:bigok:

johnboy

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Oct 2, 2003
Hamilton NZ
www.facebook.com
the Beacons are a fantastic playground......as you know, they have a reputation of biting back, a lot of people are quick to regard the UKs wild places as tame but they can be far from it

Aye your right there the coldest I've been in a long while was heading up Craig Cwm Llwch from the Tommy Jones memorial to the summit of Corn Du in March 2008 there was a nasty SW wind blowing from the direction of Storey Arms I was frozen.... Definately into the Bothy bag at the summit for a wet and a bit of nutty.... Definately not T shirt weather...

Laurentius

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Aug 13, 2009
Knowhere
I don't know anything about that but when I was young and foolish (not saying I am not foolish still) I used to know the local woods intimately, I could find my way in total darkness, I just knew where I was because it was so familiar. Fair enough not exactly a forest, but there was fun in it, because I used to play my flute in the woods and because that was so close to the Uni, students and others used to try and find who it was, they never did, when ever any one came close I vanished . Such times, they won't come again.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE