Improving Kit

beenn

Banned
Nov 16, 2009
South Wales
looks like you have all your bases covered...
if it was me, i'd decide on ONE stove, and upgrade tools first. start with the cheaper things, like the woodsaw first. the laplanders are great.
i would really like to see what you have planned for the hobo fishing kit. ;)
something else you might consider is ho you carry your kit.
after years of 'adventuring' i got rid of a lot of stuff and just concentrated on the basics. i don't really call myself a lightweight camper, but i carry a lot less items when i go out now, than i did in the past. and all my gear now is pretty much quality items, like a cammenga compass, the laplander, and leatherman to name a few items.
now that i'm a new leatherworker, im concentrating more on tool carry options, like possibles pouches, etc. ;)

what you really have to decide is "will any new kit make my adventuring any more pleasurable?". if not, then save your hard earned money, and use it on something else. ;)

Thankyou:D I dont really ise a stove as i cook over the fire but if there are no fires or i dont want a fire i take a small stove- normally stay at home thou
The folding saw i have works great, but i want to upgrade it soon when i get some left over pennies..:p
For the fishing kit my plan is to turn a hand reel on a lathe and hollow it out.
I only carry the essentials and some comfort items, Thanks again:D

Mar 19, 2011
South West UK
Your kit looks good!

Id love a platypus
Spetznaz coldsteel shovel
Bivvy
Flare set
BIG tarp

so far i got

Snugpak Softie Elite 4 Bag And accompanying pillow
Inflatable sleeping mat
Austrian 3 peice trangia
hexamine x 8
Firesteel, flattened Amadou, strips of birch bark
Thermal mug and cutlery set
2 Bashas
headtorch, wind up torch
Picture wire for snares
Selection of Small Caribinas
Various cordage and bungee cordage
Local OS maps
Compass
Thermal Sheild blanket
Medi Kit + Forceps
Black bin liners
Isotonic drink packs
Monocular
Mora Carbon Knife
Wetterlings swedish forest axe
Splitting Maul ( not in normal kit)
Wire Saw
Black electrical tape

its all pretty light..add water..gets heavy..thats why im learning to get it on site..as well as food!

beenn

Banned
Nov 16, 2009
South Wales
You have all you need and more!:D

I made sure i have the essentials, shelter-fire-water-food but anything which makes likes a little easier or more plesant is great :)

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE