I'm not a scary monster

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

CheeseMonster

Forager
Dec 11, 2006
Shropshire
Hey all, recently rediscovered my love of the outdoors after finding some of RM's dvds, I used to watch the entirety of an old BBC programme called "Tracks" just for his five minute segment of it. But yeah, the outdoor and all things bushcrafty bug is truly rekindled.
I've bought a few books and some very basic equipment (knife, saw, firesteel) and have been rediscovering my local woods with a newfound perspective on it all. This site is definately the best place on the web though for just the vast amount of knowledge you guys have poured into it! Not to mention the really friendly atmosphere :You_Rock_ (I've been dying to use that emoticon :p )
So yeah I feel like my head is crammed full of bushcraft bits and bobs and there are a million places where I just wanna jump in and try something so it should keep me busy for a while (aka the rest of my life!). I look forward to getting my hands dirty and also getting to know some of you guys.

Oh and the name is from my love of cheese. None of the fancy mouldy runny rubbish but just good firm favourites like Cheddar. Seriously don't get me started on it ;) :lmao:

Ed

Admin
Admin
Aug 27, 2003
South Wales Valleys
A very warm welcome to you mate :D Glad you like the site. Feel free to get stuck into the forum as we are quite a friendly bunch here and someone will be able to answer your questions or point you in the right direction.

:)
Ed

CheeseMonster

Forager
Dec 11, 2006
Shropshire
Seagull said:
Welcome to you, Cheesemonster.

I,m sure you will have a good time here.

Ceeg.

Are you , perhaps, connected to Wallace and Grommit?

Second cousins twice removed on my mother's side ;)

Thanks for the welcome guys, I'm meant to be painting this room but always seem to end up back on here :eek:

Dougster

Bushcrafter through and through
Oct 13, 2005
The banks of the Deveron.
Welcome Cheesemonster.

I remember a mad fan of cheese in the recent version of the Borrowers. A blood hound that lived on nothing else. Named Mr Smelly if I remember.

Good job we all sleep in the open!

See you around the forum!

John Fenna

Lifetime Member & Maker
Oct 7, 2006
Pembrokeshire
Welcome mate!
I realy love a cheddar that sets the gums tingling - but I also love mouldy stuff, funny coloured stuff and even some of the runny stuff - a bushcraft w/e cheese tasting some time ?
John

fred gordon

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Mar 8, 2006
Aberdeenshire
John Fenna said:
Welcome mate!
I realy love a cheddar that sets the gums tingling - but I also love mouldy stuff, funny coloured stuff and even some of the runny stuff - a bushcraft w/e cheese tasting some time ?
John
Oh thanks John! I'm off to the fridge now! :lmao:

CheeseMonster

Forager
Dec 11, 2006
Shropshire
haha, thanks for the warm welcome guys, I'm glad to see that there are other cheese lovers out there! :D

@Dougster - haha so THAT'S why people call me that ;)

@John - any excuse is good enough for a taster! :D

God I sound like a right nut now lol. And no, I never did get the painting done :lmao:

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
Hello :) and welcome to the fourm, good to have you here.
Under-rated stuff is cheese; excellent protein, easily carried, multi recipe, and it tastes good too :cool:

Cheers,
Toddy

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE