I'm Looking for a tarp with doors?

Bucephalas

Jan 19, 2012
Chepstow, Wales
Looking to alter my winter set-up and I'm Looking for a large tarp 4.5x4.5 (ish) but with doors on both ends.
I know TenthWonder did one but no longer it would seem.

Anyone know of one? Preferably a UK company.

Bucephalas

Jan 19, 2012
Chepstow, Wales
My initial reaction too :lmao:

The doors on the tarps are usually detachable for use in the summer months, so no, not a tent, although it does give additional options for ground dwelling.

Thanks for the pointer Simon. It looks good but a few bucks more than I anticipate spending at present.
The Tenth Wonder model had tabs sew into the sides to tie it out which is a must for me I think.

I may have a go at sewing up some fabric and using press studs if all else fails. Something to do on those long winter nights!

Teepee

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jan 15, 2010
Northamptonshire
Its not a hard mod to put doors on, I've done 2 now. The cheapest ripstop parachute nylon is suitable if its Nikwaxed and is the lightest and also the quickest drying option.

My first was parachute nylon and they added 100g to the DD 3x3 tarp. One of the easiest and best mods I've done. I made paper templates and pinned the 4 doors to that to cut round.

tartanferret

Aug 25, 2011
barnsley
Its not a hard mod to put doors on, I've done 2 now. The cheapest ripstop parachute nylon is suitable if its Nikwaxed and is the lightest and also the quickest drying option.

How do you choose to attatch 'em Pete, thin velcro type stuff or press-studs? or just sew 'em on?

cheers:)

Teepee

Jan 15, 2010
Northamptonshire
How do you choose to attatch 'em Pete, thin velcro type stuff or press-studs? or just sew 'em on?

cheers:)
Sewed on mate. The doors are a godsend all year round and make things much more comfortable. If I was making them detachable, I'd go for press studs too.

Bucephalas

Jan 19, 2012
Chepstow, Wales
Cheers Pete.
I have the mother of ALL parachutes sat in my trailer so looks like I've found another use for it. In actual facts, I could make a a good few tarps from it too.

Paul_B

Bushcrafter through and through
Jul 14, 2008
Cumbria
Theyre also known as dodgers. Used to be able to buy some from one of the bigger/older ul makers/retailers from usa.

redandshane

Native
Oct 20, 2007
Batheaston
Yep your big DD should do that with plenty of room to spare
The thought of you attacking OUR chute just for that drove me to posting to encourage more innovative use of your existing gear lol

Pignut

Jun 9, 2005
Lincolnshire
Give Bilmo p5 of this parish a PM. He made a tarp my spec and it is Awesome!

sent from the back of beyond using "new-fangled" technology

Bucephalas

Jan 19, 2012
Chepstow, Wales
Nice link my Scottish skip diving friend. I'll have to try that next trip out, once I've got my Neoair Ultrlight mega-bucks mattress puncture repared! It's in the bath as I type.

As for "Our" parachute, I've yet to see any Scottish or English bank notes cross my hands to secure your half of said chute.
I am adding interest at a very reasonable rate (compared to those pay-day loan companies at any rate) and unless I see some wanda soon I'm going to take my newly sharpened Boker and begin seperating your 50% of the chute.
The damn things bigger than my garage! It must go!

I see a good couple of tarps being made from this complete with doors and still have enough material left over to knock up a dozen hammocks.

Horsey

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE