I'm in the news eeeek.....

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Corso

Aug 13, 2007
none
I've never understood why the preppers would make themselves a target but going public, surely desperate neighbours now know where the stash is or atleast who to ask....

Feb 17, 2012
Surbiton, Surrey
Nice one Stuart really impressive.

I'm glad they didn't try to edit it like our cousins across the water who often come across as a bit "reality tv".

Great to see someone highlighting the back to basic/nature approach.

Hamster

Dannytsg

Native
Oct 18, 2008
England
Anyone know where I can get it online to watch. By the time I realised it was on it was too late rot sky record.

stuart f

Jan 19, 2004
Hawick, Scottish Borders
Thanks again folks.

Anyone know where I can get it online to watch. By the time I realised it was on it was too late rot sky record.

Hi Danny, here are the repeat dates, and times.

Monday 10 June at 10:00PM - National Geographic Channel
Wednesday 12 June at 8:00PM - National Geographic Channel
Monday 24 June at 11:00PM - National Geographic Channel

I hope this helps.
Cheers Stuart.

Dannytsg

Native
Oct 18, 2008
England
Just managed to catch it back. Nice work Stuart. A very good representation and rationale for the practice of traditional bushcraft.

JFW

Settler
Mar 11, 2004
Clackmannanshire
Well done Stuart, missed the show but will catch it on Monday. Been out of circulation lately, might catch up with you next time youre over at Craigs. You are the man, well done.
Cheers Jfw

Grooveski

Native
Aug 9, 2005
Glasgow
Good stuff Stuart. :) For someone who's obviously a fruitloop you came across as pretty together. :p
Must have been tough keeping up the phone voice all day.

Had to giggle at the next scene - "This isn't a caravan - it's a living system I'm experimenting with...."
dry_zpsd177828d.gif

Niels

Mar 28, 2011
Netherlands
Just watched it. Very good. Some things were questionable though. Like those four big blokes, being confident that they could feed themselves no matter what, yet they were sharing just one partridge breast.

Liked your part a lot, Stuart. Must have been a great experience being on television. :)

JFW

Settler
Mar 11, 2004
Clackmannanshire
Watched it the other night, was disappointed you didn't get longer as I thought you were the most interesting. Spose I'm biased though. You came across really well, loved the bit where you nearly copped it with the deadfall. The expression on your face was excellent, and all that without a translator.... :)
My kids didn't belive that I new someone who was famous enough to be on national geographic, had to show them some pictures, they now want to come with me the next time we meetup. Such fame.
Well done mate.
Cheers
Jfw

Steffen

Forager
Jun 13, 2010
Norway
interesting.
somebody representing nat geo tried to recruit people at a norwegian prepper forum.

now that there are several preppers on here, we should have a prepping thread! :)

VANDEEN

Nomad
Sep 1, 2011
Newcastle Upon Tyne
Well done Mr F., and as others have said you certainly came across as the least radical of the group, having spent a couple of nights camped with you however....... ;)

Nice to see your site got a plug as well, did that go out on the original? Or just the YouTube edit?

stuart f

Jan 19, 2004
Hawick, Scottish Borders
Hi folks, many thanks for the kind comments.

Well done Stuart, missed the show but will catch it on Monday. Been out of circulation lately, might catch up with you next time youre over at Craigs. You are the man, well done.
Cheers Jfw

Hi Farquhar, thanks, yes its been to long mate, i will get Craig to give you a shout when i'm back up his way, so we can get a catch up over a pint.

Not a bad show that - thought you came over as positively sane Stuart!

Hi Red, lol, maybe i will have to re-think how i post on here, if i came across as sane ;).

Stuart loved your bit, and you had by far the best view from your outdoor bedroom!

Hi Yarrow, thanks, yeah it sure is a lovely spot to wake up to.

Good stuff Stuart. :) For someone who's obviously a fruitloop you came across as pretty together. :p
Must have been tough keeping up the phone voice all day.

Had to giggle at the next scene - "This isn't a caravan - it's a living system I'm experimenting with...."
dry_zpsd177828d.gif

Hi Josh, thanks i think :D, yeah it was murder trying not to let the border twang slip into the voice.

Just watched it. Very good. Some things were questionable though. Like those four big blokes, being confident that they could feed themselves no matter what, yet they were sharing just one partridge breast.

Liked your part a lot, Stuart. Must have been a great experience being on television. :)

Hi Niels, thanks you, well being on tv has been an eye opener, its strange when people you don't know come up and say, "hi, your that bloke from off the tv". Its quite an odd feeling.

Watched it the other night, was disappointed you didn't get longer as I thought you were the most interesting. Spose I'm biased though. You came across really well, loved the bit where you nearly copped it with the deadfall. The expression on your face was excellent, and all that without a translator.... :)
My kids didn't belive that I new someone who was famous enough to be on national geographic, had to show them some pictures, they now want to come with me the next time we meetup. Such fame.
Well done mate.
Cheers
Jfw

Hello again, thanks, as for the deadfall moment, the reason for the expression, was that the main log just missed the 50 grand camera!!!! director and cameraman. If you thought my face was a picture, you should of seen the directors, as he was sitting on the ground next to the camera. I will always remember his words "F*** that thing really works" then to the cameraman "tell me you got that shot". I think he then went and changed his boxer shorts lol. Thats why i was laughing in the clip, he went chalk white when it tripped. Tis good to see the expression on non believers faces when things like that happen.
Great to hear your kids would like to come along to a meet, and if doing the programme inspires more kids to feel the same,then i for one will be a happy contented man.

Well done Mr F., and as others have said you certainly came across as the least radical of the group, having spent a couple of nights camped with you however....... ;)

Nice to see your site got a plug as well, did that go out on the original? Or just the YouTube edit?

Hi Vandeen, thanks mate, there seems to be a running theme in this thread, that i'm a bit strange, well i've got news for the rest of you, said in a Homer Simpson whisper voice "you lot are on Bcuk too". So it takes one to know one :p :borgsmile :theyareon.

On a serious note,the youtube plug was not in the programme, it was Darren(Funky Prepper) who uploaded the full programme onto his channel, and it was he who edited in the youtube names of the participants. Since then my channel subs have shot away, so it was thanks to him for that.

Anyway, thanks to all who watched the programme, also for the kind comments, and to those who subbed to my channel.
Thank you once again.
Cheers Stuart.

addo

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Feb 8, 2006
Derbyshire
Great stuff Stuart. I like your take on the subject, using well practiced wilderness skills to get the job done.
I dred to think if society all goes wrong, how I would feed and look after my family for a long time in the woods or an urban area even skilled or kitted up.

stuart f

Jan 19, 2004
Hawick, Scottish Borders
Great stuff Stuart. I like your take on the subject, using well practiced wilderness skills to get the job done.
I dred to think if society all goes wrong, how I would feed and look after my family for a long time in the woods or an urban area even skilled or kitted up.

Hi Addo, thanks mate, yeah we will just have to keep on practicing, and hoping that day will never come.
Atb.
Cheers Stuart.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE