Im going to try my first wild boar today....

Dave

Hill Dweller
Sep 17, 2003
Brigantia
For a first time taste, I very much enjoyed it. I also bought the ostrich steaks, and the goose crowns. Both excellent. Lidl have the best creme fraiche as well.

I cant believe this high fat, low carb diet im on.

All you do is cut out carbs, and sugar, and ive lost 13 lbs already.

Just 1lb away from losing a stone.

And I eat whole ducks and chickens, loads of fatty meats, followed by blueberries, almond flakes, raspberries, dessicated coconut in large bowls, every day....

Its crazy. I stuff myself, and im losing weight!

Last edited:

Dave

Hill Dweller
Sep 17, 2003
Brigantia
High fat, low carb diet.

Yesterday I ate a whole goose crown, with a load of spring cabbage and other above ground greens. No root vegetables allowed. No sugar. Thats it.

And blue berries, raspberries, flaked almonds, creme fraiche and single pouring cream. Sometimes add pine nuts if I can find em. 3 bowls.

Loads of cups of coffee, tea with stevia, plant extract sweetener. And pepsi max, coca cola zero with ice etc.

You dont even feel like you're on a diet. Youve just got to read the labels to see how many carbohydrates are in the product.

Last edited:

RonW

Native
Nov 29, 2010
Dalarna Sweden
Same experiences here with LCHF Dave.
Lost more than 5kg last summer and I did not even skip the beer and occasional potatochips! A weakness, I know.
And apart from the weight I also lost a handful of illnesses that I had for years, the first one being migraine, the second my arthritis (like pains)!

On topic; we have loads of boar here too and they are practically to be hunted year round. Good meat!! Hope to be able to deal with them at the end of winter, when or if I get my license.

Dave

Hill Dweller
Sep 17, 2003
Brigantia
There are whole wild boar hanging in the covered market in Oxford at the moment! Giant bristly beasts. It feels kind of festive...

I wonder how much a whole boar costs...

Oooo, a lot id imagine. It was nice, but i dont think ill be eating it too often, due to the high cost.

Dave

Hill Dweller
Sep 17, 2003
Brigantia
Same experiences here with LCHF Dave.
Lost more than 5kg last summer and I did not even skip the beer and occasional potatochips! A weakness, I know.
And apart from the weight I also lost a handful of illnesses that I had for years, the first one being migraine, the second my arthritis (like pains)!

On topic; we have loads of boar here too and they are practically to be hunted year round. Good meat!! Hope to be able to deal with them at the end of winter, when or if I get my license.

Great, glad to hear it, loving your blog Ron, keep up the good work. As I said to you before, the lifestyle your aiming at, is very appealing, because land is sooooo ridiculously expensive over here now. So Im keeping a close eye on your progress. :)

Last edited:

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE