I'm coming home to a town near you (If you live in Barnsley!!)

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

spamel

Banned
Feb 15, 2005
Silkstone, Blighty!
Yes!! I've got a home! I will be moving the wife and sprogs in to our rented home in Silkstone, a small village just outside of Barnsley, at the beginning of April!! I'm really excited about this, as the village has a few woods around it and the Peak District is a stones throw away!

Also, I will at last be able to meet some of the fine people from here and British Blades at Moots and random beer drinking occasions in the near future. Life is looking up! Now, if I can only get the job thing sorted out!! :eek:

Brian

Settler
Nov 6, 2003
Saltburn
Hi Spamel,

You getting out? If so, good luck mate, hope to be at the Bushmoot this year, how about you?

Brian

spamel

Banned
Feb 15, 2005
Silkstone, Blighty!
Thanks everyone. It was definitely time for a change, and I wouldn't mind making it to one of my daughters' birthdays some time soon! :rolleyes:

I do hope to get to the next moot, have any dates been set yet?

spamel

Banned
Feb 15, 2005
Silkstone, Blighty!
Well, there seems to be a lot of us in a very localised area. Are there any moots set up by the yorkshire bushcrafters? If not, I will try and sort a get together out once I am back here and settled, it would be a great opportunity for skill swaps and general drunkeness!! :D

JonnyP

Oct 17, 2005
Cornwall...
Hey Spam...I should imagine you will have just as much trouble trying to understand the locals lingo as where you are now...... :D :D :D

Ogri the trog

Mod
Mod
Apr 29, 2005
Mid Wales UK
Great news on your return from foreign lands Spammel, and all the best with the civvy job hunting.

I'll set a few cooling for whenever that moot happens.

ATB

Ogri the trog

Ratbag

Subscriber
Aug 10, 2005
Barnsley
spamel said:
Yes!! I've got a home! I will be moving the wife and sprogs in to our rented home in Silkstone, a small village just outside of Barnsley, at the beginning of April!! I'm really excited about this, as the village has a few woods around it and the Peak District is a stones throw away!

Good choice, I live at Hoylandswaine about 2 miles up the road. PM me if you fancy a beer and a tour round the local attractions.

Cheers

Rat

Ratbag

Subscriber
Aug 10, 2005
Barnsley
spamel said:
Well, there seems to be a lot of us in a very localised area. Are there any moots set up by the yorkshire bushcrafters? If not, I will try and sort a get together out once I am back here and settled, it would be a great opportunity for skill swaps and general drunkeness!! :D

Silverwood scout camp is at Silkstone. I've been thinking about it for a while but not sure its as good a venue as some....

Rat

PJMCBear

Settler
May 4, 2006
Hyde, Cheshire
Ooo, Silkstone. Eastern End of Woodhead Pass. I'm at the Western end. Crowden, about halfway between us. You may occaisionally find me around there. We'll have to have a few round the campfire.

Scally

C.E.S.L Notts explorers
Oct 10, 2004
uk but want to emigrate to NZ
hi spamel great news the fitzwilliam family estate just over the valley nice walking. Silkstone common very nice too! grew up at old kimberworth just over the other side of the hill your side of rotherham. (wentworth woodhouse is the name of the estate) nice deer heavily managed game shoot. started my life as a gamekeeper there.. along time ago.

p.s you are right about jump wosbrough abit the same as well.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE