If you had to choose just one...

santaman2000

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Jan 15, 2011
Florida
-Tropical or semitropical environment: a small machete

-Temperate climates: something a bit heavier; a smallish Bowie, an MOD knife, a Puma White Hunter type knife, etc

-Plains climate: same as temperate, likewise for a desert climate, and a mountain climate

Coastal/beach climate: this ones a bit harder to narrow down to a single knife as coastal environments differ around the world but I'd want a stainless blade here (probably both a filleting knife and a shucking knife)

Last edited:

SGL70

Dec 1, 2014
Luleå, Sweden
This works for me:
2014-12-07%2009.17.15_zpswtz7dmea.jpg

Dave

Hill Dweller
Sep 17, 2003
Brigantia
Knife, mmmmm dunno. Whatevers available, but if it was a choice of just one tool, Id take my dave budd hawk, which Ive become quite attached to. :D You can do a lot with it.

MartiniDave

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Aug 29, 2003
Cambridgeshire
It would have to be my trusty old WS Micarta Woodlore. The best all-rounder I own, second choice my Helle Eggen,being a stick tang it's not quite as robust as the Woodlore, but the edge retention is fantastic.

ammo

Settler
Sep 7, 2013
by the beach
Chris Caine survival tool. If only allowed one tool, ill go with a machete. Chops, carves, digs a hole, clears an area. The most versitile wilderness tool. If allowed other tools, then it would have to be the Skookum or Stuart Marsh. bushcrafter.
If only allowed one, i certainly wouldnt carry a stick tang knife. I agree that they are better balanced, more comfortable and so on, but any full tang knife is a stronger safer, more reliable option.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE