If you get bored of sharpening your knife........

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

demographic

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Apr 15, 2005
-------------
Graham Short - who is famed for his microscopic engraving work - etched the words "Nothing is impossible" onto the thin blade with letters measuring just a tenth of a millimetre.

Tenth of a mm? Seems nothing is impossible apart from getting the edge sharp in the first place. You could give yourself a nasty bruise with an edge that sharp...

Longstrider

Settler
Sep 6, 2005
South Northants
Tenth of a mm? Seems nothing is impossible apart from getting the edge sharp in the first place. You could give yourself a nasty bruise with an edge that sharp...

Impressive work, no doubt about it, but I get the feeling that a good degree of 'artistic licence' has been applied to the wording of the piece ;)
"On the sharp edge" and "letters a tenth of a millimeter high" simply doesn't correlate. Try putting anything a tenth a of a millimeter wide directly onto a properly sharpened edge ... and all you'll end up with is some bits that are about 0.05mm wide :lol: "Onto the bevel" or "On the edge of the thickness of the blade" I would believe, but not 0.1mm on the edge itself. As Demographic says, if you can put something 0.1mm onto the edge, you've got an 'edge' that could give you a nasty bruise :lol:

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE