Idiot proof instructions for paracord bracelets

copper_head

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Feb 22, 2006
Hull
I could do with that to. There's 2 things that don't stay in my head no matter what; Knots and algebra... Wonder if there's a connection ;)

copper_head

Feb 22, 2006
Hull

n9o6b01rlvutbfl5ye1p.jpeg

outdoorpaddy

Nomad
Mar 21, 2011
Northern Ireland
I am Knot-ically challenged and I managed to get the hang of it from youtube, just search "cobra weave paracord bracelet" and watch a few of the videos until you understand it. Remarkably simple once you get the hang of it and then you'll be able to make one in under 5 mins.
Hope this helps!

paddy

g4ghb

Sep 21, 2005
Wiltshire
Don't have a tutorial but the key to knots is to learn what the knot looks like once tied. Once you know what you are aiming to end up with you are half way there I think ;)

wingstoo

May 12, 2005
South Marches
[video=youtube;c6sG77RsNPQ]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c6sG77RsNPQ[/video]

It's real easy once you get going...Honest, if I can do it anyone can.

wingstoo

May 12, 2005
South Marches
[video=youtube;v4U_0r7kP4E]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v4U_0r7kP4E[/video]

Another one (as I can only post one at a time)

mountainm

Bushcrafter through and through
Jan 12, 2011
Selby
www.mikemountain.co.uk
I've just had to make 10 for my sons birthday party gift bags. I made myself a little jig.

Made one with old cord then unravelled it to get the right length.

Screwed one male buckle in to a bit of wood at the top, then another female buckle at the bottom with the gap corresponding to desired wrist diameter.

When I come to make them I clip in the buckle bits top and bottom, thread up my length and off I go.

Lister

Settler
Apr 3, 2012
Runcorn, Cheshire
A good tip for these is that once you've lark-headed the buckle, tie a knot in one of the strands and remember "The one with the knot, goes over the top", in so much that is never goes behind the centre 2 strands/body but it goes over the other end, 2 strand centre and tucks back in, the process then repeats.

In the below picture, the strand on the left would have the knot on the end, but you can see the "over the top" part of the pneumonic as it has gone over the 2 center strands.

FDN9YNQQGCEY95S1QK.LARGE.jpg

Last edited:

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE