Identify The Pit Bull

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Arya

Settler
May 15, 2013
Norway
I´ve had three American Staffordshire Terriers in my life, and I truly love them, when they are in the right hands. They are so loving towards people and have a very good working morale.
But they are terriers, and we all know how brave and hard a terrier can be mentally. They usually never give in, whatever their task is. Be it chasing a badger out of it´s own cave, helping you out on the farm, hunting rats or searching for people in ruins, the terrier is very brave and goes "all in". The first american war dog hero was a terrier: http://www.badassoftheweek.com/sgtstubby.html

Unfortunately there are few people that use their pitbull, amstaff´s, etc.. as a working dog. In Norway most people didn´t even know the working material that exist in these breeds, and that´s just plain sad.
A typical pitbull or amstaff owner is unfortunately often a person looking for a dog that looks impressive, and most likely puts a great effort in looking impressive themselves.
A "trophy dog" if I can use that term, or an accessory to give the perfect "gangsta´" look. Quite pathetic if you ask me.
They seem to have little knowledge or interests beyond the powerful presence of their dog and how intimidating they will look. These are the people that ruin the breeds reputation.
Can you imagine the terrible results if they ever got their hands on a Malinois? I dread to think about it....

Few breeds have been molested more than the Pitbulls, and it is still happening. It breaks my heart!
I am actually not agains the banning of these breeds. There are to many selfish, sick and mean people, and the dogs deserved better! There will always bee evil people, no matter what laws we make.
I would rather see the breeds extinct that in the hands of lowlife scumbags that does this to their dogs: http://cbssacramento.files.wordpress.com/2013/01/burn-dog-2.jpg

Pitbulls and amstaffs have lots of energy and mental capacity, and should be put to good use if you want to keep a well balanced dog. Just like every other dog in my opinion.
I´ve trained my own dogs as working dogs, and was mocked in the beginning when I started to train with a local working dog club. They called the breed useless, but changed their mind quickly.
My dogs ended up as part of their demonstrations when new members joined, and my one year old male was one of three dogs that received the remark "excellent" in a local competition searching for people in buildings (and reporting).
Many years ago that is.

The other dogs in the competitions where typical working dogs, like German Shepherds, Rottweilers etc.

Pitbulls and Amstaffs CAN! They just need the chance to show you :)

Sorry for the crazy long reply :eek: I´m just passionate about the subject.

Last edited:

dwardo

Bushcrafter through and through
Aug 30, 2006
Nr Chester
Wondered when the first person would start posting their dog pics, I did try to resist :rolleyes:

Cant resist, Kira our staff cross and my little boys best mate.

puppy.jpg

P1010032.jpg

thereaper101

Tenderfoot
Jun 14, 2009
South Wales
yte3a8ev.jpg

e5uhyme7.jpg

My boy n girl get the pit bull comment all the time , as for the poster the red nose is a pit and the Cain corsa blue would be most people's idea of a so called pit. Having had two pitbulls in the past before and during the ban I was outraged that a bread was dammed to the point of heathy dogs being exterminated , I could see the argument but it should have been the deed not the breed and the type of owners the breed attracted didn't help . Still 22 years later there still about but me personally wish that they weren't as the poor things will always be under scrutiny .

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Stunning Am-Bulls you have there :)

Here is a pic of mine sniffing the flora

IMG_13931_zps614eedcb.jpg

And the day he realised we had Ferrets in the Garden

DSC00413.jpg

santaman2000

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Jan 15, 2011
Florida
I´ve had three American Staffordshire Terriers in my life, and I truly love them, when they are in the right hands. They are so loving towards people and have a very good working morale.
But they are terriers, and we all know how brave and hard a terrier can be mentally. They usually never give in, whatever their task is. Be it chasing a badger out of it´s own cave, helping you out on the farm, hunting rats or searching for people in ruins, the terrier is very brave and goes "all in". The first american war dog hero was a terrier: http://www.badassoftheweek.com/sgtstubby.html

Unfortunately there are few people that use their pitbull, amstaff´s, etc.. as a working dog. In Norway most people didn´t even know the working material that exist in these breeds, and that´s just plain sad.
A typical pitbull or amstaff owner is unfortunately often a person looking for a dog that looks impressive, and most likely puts a great effort in looking impressive themselves.
A "trophy dog" if I can use that term, or an accessory to give the perfect "gangsta´" look. Quite pathetic if you ask me.
They seem to have little knowledge or interests beyond the powerful presence of their dog and how intimidating they will look. These are the people that ruin the breeds reputation.
Can you imagine the terrible results if they ever got their hands on a Malinois? I dread to think about it....

Few breeds have been molested more than the Pitbulls, and it is still happening. It breaks my heart!
I am actually not agains the banning of these breeds. There are to many selfish, sick and mean people, and the dogs deserved better! There will always bee evil people, no matter what laws we make.
I would rather see the breeds extinct that in the hands of lowlife scumbags that does this to their dogs: http://cbssacramento.files.wordpress.com/2013/01/burn-dog-2.jpg

Pitbulls and amstaffs have lots of energy and mental capacity, and should be put to good use if you want to keep a well balanced dog. Just like every other dog in my opinion.
I´ve trained my own dogs as working dogs, and was mocked in the beginning when I started to train with a local working dog club. They called the breed useless, but changed their mind quickly.
My dogs ended up as part of their demonstrations when new members joined, and my one year old male was one of three dogs that received the remark "excellent" in a local competition searching for people in buildings (and reporting).
Many years ago that is.

The other dogs in the competitions where typical working dogs, like German Shepherds, Rottweilers etc.

Pitbulls and Amstaffs CAN! They just need the chance to show you :)

Sorry for the crazy long reply :eek: I´m just passionate about the subject.

No apologies needed. A long reply perhaps but well thought out and well said. Thank you.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE