Identification Help required if possible......

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Smudge

Forager
Jan 20, 2004
West Midlands
I was out walking the local woods yesterday and found a feather, I know it's not much to go on but it's such a pretty little thing. I've been trying to find out what bird it belongs too purely out of curiosity, any help would be very much appreciated.

Goatboy

Jan 31, 2005
Scotland
Deffinately a jay. I have a stuffed one on the wall in the other room. Don't see many 'round here but always a joy to watch.
We're just getting magpies trying to move into the village in the last year or two though they're being kept at bay. I like corvids but not always great news for other birds in the area.
As said will look lovely in your hat.

Sent via smoke-signal from a woodland in Scotland.

demographic

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Apr 15, 2005
-------------
I'm not brilliant at bird identification but my first thought (before I scrolled down) was Jay, nice to see that pretty much everyone else thought the same thing.

Mebbe I'm not as bad at this as I thought.

Harvestman

Bushcrafter through and through
May 11, 2007
Pontypool, Wales, Uk
Jay, without question. Beautiful birds, but shy are difficult to see. When you do you see what gorgeous things they are with their blue and pink feathers.

Smudge

Forager
Jan 20, 2004
West Midlands
Honestly I'm awful with bird I.D I usually only want to know if its worth eating or not :lmao:

Thanks for the help guys, very much appreciated :You_Rock_

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE