Iam new to bushcraft

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.
T

tabs

hi guys new to the site my name is robert just got into bushcraft, its great thing to do and iam hoping you guys can help me with a lot of questions on the subject
iam looking to go on alot of courses.
can anyone advise me on coures to a tend

Shewie

Mod
Mod
Dec 15, 2005
Yorkshire
Hi Robert - welcome to the site

Where abouts are you from ??

I`ve been on several courses but all of them in the Lake District, I suppose it depends on where you are.

Rich

andy_e

Native
Aug 22, 2007
Scotland
Hi tabs, welcome.

There are so many good courses, all offer a slightly different take on the same basic skills, a few advertise on here and if you search the forums you'll find a lot of references to others. Best to see what's in your area and have a look at what they offer, weigh that up against how much you want to spend.

Before you go on a course it might be an idea to get along to a meet as often people will share skills and experience informally or even in organised workshops and it'll give you a flavour of all that you can do.

If you add your general location to your profile, you'll find there are probably quite a few BCUKers near you that can help.

Other than that get stuck in and ask away, there's bound to be someone that can answer. :D

T

tabs

tks guys iam from london its a bit smoggy down here, iam all so trying to find out if you can became an instructor at bushcraft one day.

Mirius

Nomad
Jun 2, 2007
North Surrey
Hiya Tabs and welcome to the site.

Sure you can become an instructor one day, no reason why not if you are committed enough. Some people like courses, others are happy to chat to people and figure it out on their own - whatever floats your boat, just don't assume that you have to go on courses. Skills are what it's all about and while courses will give you a foot up on that, it's how you take the skills on board that will make the difference.

Good luck and welcome.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE