I wish it were Autumn

JonnyP

Oct 17, 2005
Cornwall...
Wish it were autumn....... Toddy, After the dry weather and a couple of storms...........it looks like autumn here.........

dsc02445largenk5.jpg

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
It's the same up here. :( There's a nature walk and a burn along the side fence of our house. Normally at this time of year it's bright vibrant green, but it's so dry that the hornbeam, the birch and the wych elm that leans over the garden fence are all crinkled up and loosing leaves. Even my beech hedge is looking sorry for itself, and we've been watering that.
We had summers like this one when I was a little girl, I looked like a gypsy :) but the winters were bitter cold and white.The birds seemed to suffer most; I've always been up early and I usually hear the dawn chorus. Even as a child I knew the birds were silent. My dad said they were all hiding in barns or had flown to Africa to keep warm when I asked what had happened to them. :rolleyes:
Folk would put out *some* food for the birds back then, but no-one could afford to buy food *just* for the birds; we used to make tea and then pour the remaining hot water from the kettle into the birdbath so they could get a drink. I saw an electrically heated birdbath adapter last winter :eek: :D , wonder if we could adapt one of those solar panels to keep the ice melted?

Cheers,
Toddy

belto

Jun 15, 2005
North Lincolnshire
Toddy said:
I'm hot, sticky, and half slept. It's been so hot and humid here this week that I can't sleep. By 3.30am last night I gave up trying and went outside to curl up in one of the garden chairs beside the pond to try and cool down and doze. Hedgehogs are noisy beggars aren't they?....'specially when the moggie decides to play too, it rather scuppered the dozing in the peace and quiet :eek: , and it got better when the magpies woke up and annoyed the squirrels in the big birch beside the fence. The blackies got in on the act too and then I felt a stabbing pain in my foot and found one of those d*mned berry bugs had bitten me and my foot is now burning itchy :sigh:
The house is like a sauna *again* tonight, even the cat is panting

This reminds me of the story Peace At Last! Lol :lmao:

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE