I wanted an EDC with some class - I think I got it!

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Wook

Settler
Jun 24, 2012
Angus, Scotland
For father's day my wife asked me what I wanted. For the last 10 years or so I've been carrying a Victorinox SwissChamp SAK around with me. It has gotten very beat up, very ugly and truthfully it has always been a bit oversized. It is so big it doesn't really qualify as a "pocket knife" - I had to carry it on a pouch on my belt.

I've always admired what I call "gentleman's pocket knives" - ones with a bit of class. So that's what I asked for.

And here's what I got: An Arthur Wright and Sons Twin Bolster Senator. It has a carbon steel blade which I prefer and adds to the "old school" charm. You've got to admit - it is prettier than my SAK! It actually fits in a pocket as well, which is a novelty in pocket knives for me!

DSCF6381.jpg

DSCF6379.jpg

DSCF6380.jpg

Adze

Native
Oct 9, 2009
Cumbria
www.adamhughes.net
Lovely looking thing - if it weren't for my habit of losing EDCs every six to eight months I'd be very tempted. Is that a white bone handle? I only ask as my new EDC (after I lost my Slip K.I.S.S 2) is one of these:

PIC_0093.jpg

Wook

Settler
Jun 24, 2012
Angus, Scotland
It`s the stag handle. It also comes in Buffalo and snakewood. The snakewood is very pretty, but I thought the stag looked more "Scottish". That the stag handled version is about £20 cheaper doesn't hurt either ;)

I bought this one for about £45.

Much of the work on this knife clearly cannot be done by machine and requires hand finishing. Whoever did the work on mine was an artist.

Last edited:

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE