I want ...

Claudiasboris

Life Member
Feb 8, 2009
Sheffield
Good find Toddy! That is cool.

Imagine all the shopping trolleys you could see....Seriously, though, now that waterways are getting cleaner this should be an awesome way to paddle.

Claudiasboris

John Fenna

Lifetime Member & Maker
Oct 7, 2006
Pembrokeshire
It's a canoe though isn't it...... not a kayak ?:D

......http://www.quebeckayak.com/gadget/kayak-transparent/

Most definately not a canoe!
Kayaks are designed to be uncomfortable and wet boats of limitted carrying capacity that can only be paddled from the sitting position.
Canoes are designed to be paddled in comfort from the kneeling, sitting, half kneeling and one knee kneeling positions, poled in a standing position or sailed while carrying loads of kit
Never give a Kayak thoughts of superiority by calling it a canoe - even id someone has forgotten to put its top on.

"Kayaks are for getting wet in - Canoes are for getting places in!"
NEVER insult a canoe by calling it a kayak!

Feb 15, 2011
Elsewhere
Most definately not a canoe!
Kayaks are designed to be uncomfortable and wet boats of limitted carrying capacity that can only be paddled from the sitting position.
Canoes are designed to be paddled in comfort from the kneeling, sitting, half kneeling and one knee kneeling positions, poled in a standing position or sailed while carrying loads of kit
Never give a Kayak thoughts of superiority by calling it a canoe - even id someone has forgotten to put its top on.

"Kayaks are for getting wet in - Canoes are for getting places in!"
NEVER insult a canoe by calling it a kayak!

So if you kneel to paddle a Kayak is a canoe but if you sit & paddle a canoe is a kayak :D

Big Stu 12

Bushcrafter through and through
Jan 7, 2012
Ipswich
So if you kneel to paddle a Kayak is a canoe but if you sit & paddle a canoe is a kayak :D

A Kayak you sit in and paddle.... A Canoe you kneel in and paddle, of coures you can sit in a canoe if you want , but the origanal way was to kneel. Most people say double ended paddle is kayak , single ended is Canoe... that is personal preferance, you can use either in either craft...

Try telling an Eskimo he just plays in his Kayak.... and does not use it to get anywere....:)

Last edited:

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
I like kayaks :D I learned to paddle them on the River Awe :D I'm still a white water lover :cool:

Kayaks don't mind if you roll, you just roll up again, unlike canoes that fill up with water and deposit you and your goods in the drink ;)

cheers,
M

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE