I want a defender, I want a defender!

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

vizsla

Native
Jun 6, 2010
Derbyshire
yhezega2.jpg

Having fun today

paulnb57

Nov 18, 2007
Isle of Wight
Ive got a Defender, its in bits, many, many bits, but its getting there.......

image-1_zps781523bf.jpg

image-1_zpsd2d0dfdb.jpg

If the weather warms up enough for paint I reckon another 4 weeks and she'll be done......

Paul

fredster

Forager
Oct 16, 2009
Ipswich, Suffolk
Land Rovers strike me as a vehicle from the heyday of the British automobile industry. Which is a long time ago now. I've never forgotten reading a main feature in Land Rover Owner magazine a few years back. Midway through a review of a day out it contained the line "...and what would a day out in a Land Rover be without a breakdown?" Nuff said!

Get a Hilux and spend your time driving instead staring into the engine bay in a depressed state.

TurboGirl

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Sep 8, 2011
Leicestershire
www.king4wd.co.uk
Land Rovers strike me as a vehicle from the heyday of the British automobile industry. Which is a long time ago now. I've never forgotten reading a main feature in Land Rover Owner magazine a few years back. Midway through a review of a day out it contained the line "...and what would a day out in a Land Rover be without a breakdown?" Nuff said!

Get a Hilux and spend your time driving instead staring into the engine bay in a depressed state.
Hahaha he just doesn't understand us, lads ;) If Paul and Daves pics don't stir your soul, you obviously have driven Jap stuff far too long ;)

It was a series wave LONG before defenders were dreamt of... it came from having to wave folk outta the way after encountering uneven road surfaces and unexpected cambers. There's also special driving styles for lady lanny drivers where on long journeys, you end up forcing your elbows into your rib cage to prevent the excruciatingly painful condition known as Landrover Nipple from all the bouncing :red:

Goatboy

Jan 31, 2005
Scotland
Hahaha he just doesn't understand us, lads ;) If Paul and Daves pics don't stir your soul, you obviously have driven Jap stuff far too long ;)

It was a series wave LONG before defenders were dreamt of... it came from having to wave folk outta the way after encountering uneven road surfaces and unexpected cambers. There's also special driving styles for lady lanny drivers where on long journeys, you end up forcing your elbows into your rib cage to prevent the excruciatingly painful condition known as Landrover Nipple from all the bouncing :red:

Turbogirl, you do realise that most male landy owners don't see that many women and quotes like that last one just get them all excited and sweaty... They won't sleep now and will be tired and grumpy in the morning while trying to get their landies to start. :eek:

Goatboy

Jan 31, 2005
Scotland
They do say that 75% of all Landies ever made haven't been scrapped. This is because 80% of those are sitting in a garage/shed with the bonnets open and some worried bearded guy muttering "Must get that back on the road one day." I do love 'em, maybe when Landies grow up they become G-Wagons?

MartiniDave

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Aug 29, 2003
Cambridgeshire
As I've said on here before, we have many different flavours of 4x4 on our shoot, including the ones that smell of raw fish, but when there's grain to be carted or real work to be done it's always the landies that get used, while the Itsa-karsies etc stand around on the nice flat concrete keeping clean!

If you do get a defender (or any other landy really) buy a decent grease gun and don't skimp on using it and remember where ALL the grease points are.

I think I'll soon have to wash mine too, it's been nearly 3 years!

Dave

Big Stu 12

Bushcrafter through and through
Jan 7, 2012
Ipswich

Use mine for off roading and every day... only do the normal maintance..... had no real problems, just the normal you would expect of any motor used off road....

ozzy1977

Jan 10, 2006
Henley
They do like to be used, I had a ratty series 3 called smurf ( my avatar) When I got it I used it every day, for a few years with out any problems, apart from the 13mpg. When I stopped using it every day things started going wrong, the worst was teh clutch rusting to the fly wheel. It was like retirement had drained its soul, with in a year of retirement the whole hydrolic system was replaced, clutch plate , starter motor and a lot of other niggly little bits. Good job it had a galvanised chassis or it would have gone to the scrappy

johnnytheboy

Native
Aug 21, 2007
Falkirk
jokesblogspot.blogspot.com
I have a g-wagen, its my second, but its to smooth reliable and just to dam nice to take off roading! hence the awful hankering for a defender! there is just so many things to tinker with, ebay bits to buy and fiddle with!

They do say that 75% of all Landies ever made haven't been scrapped. This is because 80% of those are sitting in a garage/shed with the bonnets open and some worried bearded guy muttering "Must get that back on the road one day." I do love 'em, maybe when Landies grow up they become G-Wagons?

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE