I thought I'd stick my head out and say hello!

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

jojo

Need to contact Admin...
Aug 16, 2006
England's most easterly point
Well, hello! :)

I haven't been around the forum a long while now. I am still around though, looking in once in a while. Since my wife was diagnosed with cancer, and received treatment, (stiil receiving chemo) I have rather concentrated on other things than bushcraft. I am sure many new member won't know me from Adam :rolleyes: but other might well recognise me!

I haven't made any new knives recently, although I am hoping to resume this activity some time soon. We have brough forward a decision to build ourselves a boat and hopefully will be able to enjoy doing the french canals on it together. We'll see, must build the thing first.

I hope everybody has had a good Christmas and I wish you all a prosperousand, more importantly, healthy new year.

SimonM

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Apr 7, 2007
East Lancashire
www.wood-sage.co.uk
Nice to see you around again.

Family illness makes you see life differently doesn't it...hope the treatment goes well.

Re the boat build, if there aren't pictures, it didn't happen.

Simon

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
Ah Joel it's good to hear from you, and so sorry to hear that your wife has been so ill. I truly hope all goes very well, and that the all clear comes as soon as possible.
The utter relief when the Doctors say they won't need to see her again until a check up in a year, is unbelievable :)

It's been such a sodden wet year, right through, that I think most of us will be glad to see this one by.

I think making things is hardwired into human brains and hands, I really do; but the notion, or the necessity, to make comes in surges and ebbs.
Right now your focus has changed; take the quiet pleasures and the time to be with your family, and know that no one's taken offence that you're busy with other things, the folks here will still be pleased to see you when you visit and join in the conversations again:D

I hope the New Year proves Happy, Healthy and Prosperous to you and yours :)

:grouphug:
Mary

Shewie

Mod
Mod
Dec 15, 2005
Yorkshire
Good to have you back Joel, you've been missed

Best wishes to your good lady, and hoping for a speedy recovery

British Red

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Dec 30, 2005
Mercia
Hi Joel,

Sorry to hear about your wife - tell her from me that its beatable. The boat sounds great - time together, change of pace, focus on the good and important things - which surely aren't money and possessions.

Hugs to you both and Naomi

Hugh

launditch1

Maker Plus and Trader
Nov 17, 2008
Eceni county.
Nice to hear from you Joel.Sorry to hear your news as well and i wish your wife a speedy recovery.
The boat building thing sounds wonderful! :)

Chris the Cat

Jan 29, 2008
Exmoor
Hey Joel, my knife from you is still doing sterling work, the boat sounds great! I lived on the Oxford canal on mine as a younger man, great times!
My best to you and your wife in the new year.
Chris

jojo

Need to contact Admin...
Aug 16, 2006
England's most easterly point
Thank you ladies and gentlemen. Your comments are much appreciated. It's been a really hard time, and it's not over yet,another 2 sessions of chemotherapy to come. Afterthat, it will be an anxious time waiting for each check up, hoping the cancer is not coming back. But we decided this is not going to stop us getting on with life.

So. I haven't got any pictures yet, but this is a drawing of what the boat will look like, only longer and, although I am sorely tempted to make the wheel, that adds another 3 metres to the boat soI probably won't!

sucher-1.gif

And a picture of the tent I have now put up. The picture is from the Gala website, just pinched it. 12 metres long, 4 metres wide.

07163_1.jpg

So there you go, that should keep me busy for a while!

The Cumbrian

Nov 10, 2007
The Rainy Side of the Lakes.
Hey Joel, here's hoping that 2013 is full of nothing but good news and great weather.

I won't show my wife your boat plans, just in case she sees something lacking in my canoe.

All the best mon ami, and Happy New Year.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE