I think its true!

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Topcat02

Settler
Aug 9, 2005
Dymock, Gloucestershire
This was a pretty interesting story from The Sunday Wichita Eagle Newspaper a couple of weeks ago. A resident in the area saw a ball bouncing around kind of strange in a nearby pond and went to investigate. It turned out to be a flathead catfish who had obviously tried to swallow a child's basketball which became stuck in its mouth!!
The fish was totally exhausted from trying to dive, but unable to because the ball would always bring him back up to the surface. The resident tried numerous times to get the ball out, but was unsuccessful. He finally had his wife cut the ball in order to deflate it and release the hungry catfish.
You probably wouldn't have believed this, if you hadn't seen the following pictures...

Any recipes for catfish. I wonder if Ray Mears has tried this novel approach to fishing!

Attachments

• 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    3.9 KB · Views: 115
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    4 KB · Views: 101
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    3.5 KB · Views: 87
  • 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    3.6 KB · Views: 91
  • 5.JPG
    5.JPG
    38.2 KB · Views: 94
There is a local wildlife pond near us and the rangers kept wondering what was happening to the young swans and ducks :confused: . They thought it could be foxes or wild cats or mink until one day they saw a massive mouth suck down a young Mallard chick and saw the big tail of a catfish. :eek:
All that was left was a few feathers floating on the surface. :yikes:
A local angling club was tasked to catch and remove it.
Johnny F

pierre girard

Need to contact Admin...
Dec 28, 2005
Hunter Lake, MN USA
Every year we watch the Candian geese. Mother will swim by the first day with a dozen goslings. Next day there will be nine. Next day six - etc. She is lucky to get one gosling to the flying stage. Big northern pike take some - eagles take the others.

PG

Spacemonkey

Native
May 8, 2005
Llamaville.
www.jasperfforde.com
Near my gaff in Spain, the Ebro is full of 2.5 metre catfish. A couple of years ago an English couple were in a boat on the river and let their Yorkshire Terrier go for a swim. It disappeared in a mouthful of catfish...

Stuart

Sep 12, 2003
I was sitting in a park one day and near by someone had obviously dropped an open packet of maltesers because they were scatted about the path.

I witnessed a group of pigeons attempt to eat the aforementioned maltesers and whilst they managed to get them into there open beaks they could not swallow them and they became lodged part way into there gullet.

after a few minutes there were several pigeons frantically strutting around in circles gagging with half a malteser protruding from their open beak.

due to this they seems unable or at least disinclined to fly and in their distracted state could probably be easily captured one were so inclined as to try

all of them did after 15-20 minutes or so and with great effort succeed in ejecting the malteser (though some of them were stupid enough to make a second attempt)

this probably only happens to urban pigeons though who are accustomed to eating all kinds of rubbish

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE