I received a warning!

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.
Status
Not open for further replies.

spiritofold

Banned
May 7, 2004
Winchester
www.spiritofold.co.uk
Today i received a warning because of swearing in a thread. Are the filters on here not working? I speak on here as i do in life, im sure any kids will hear *much* worse out in the open.

If im that bad then just ban me!!

Some people on here really do need to get out!

Andy >>>>>---------------------------------<>

SimonM

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Apr 7, 2007
East Lancashire
www.wood-sage.co.uk
I didn't see the thread, but as a parent of kids under 10 who both lurk on here I'm quite happy that the mods do this sort of thing.

As adults it is up to us to set example for the next generation to follow. If we accept swearing and abusive language as normal then so will our kids. This then starts to spiral out of control until every other word is an expletive.

Before any body accuses me of me a bleeding heart do gooder - I've done over 12 years service in the Reserve Forces, worked building sites as an electrician and can swear with the worst of you - but there is a time and a place, that place is not here!

Simon

BorderReiver

Mar 31, 2004
Norfolk U.K.
Today i received a warning because of swearing in a thread. Are the filters on here not working? I speak on here as i do in life, im sure any kids will hear *much* worse out in the open.

When you're on a forum you stick by the rules of that forum.

You were just (politely I'm sure) reminded that swearing isn't allowed on BcUK.

You've not been banned or had any posting rights withdrawn.

Get over it and apply a little self discipline, it's not that difficult.:)

rancid badger

You can't be that bad, you haven't been banned or even "carded" as far as I can tell:confused:
The point regarding kids hearing much worse in the open is probably correct, however, this forum is not out in the open, it's in peoples homes.
As I understand it, we are supposed to moderate ourselves, I try to filter what I write, before posting it.
I also swear like a good un at work or when rattled or pushed but not on here, or any other forum and rarely in public.
If you made a mistake in swearing, then fair enough, just accept the warning, maybe even an apology for the slip?
If you intended to swear and you weren't bothered who read it, then your out of order and should simply accept that you can't do that on here.
I made a few mistakes early on but accepted being put right and learned from the experience.
You can still swear, you just "x" it or use the "censored" smiley.
cheers
R.B.

May 12, 2007
Derby, UK
www.berax.co.uk

Nice to know i'm not on me own then,i get them quite regular,and the odd yellow and red cards,i like to keep the mods on there toes.:D

Bernie

Martyn

Bushcrafter through and through
Aug 7, 2003
staffordshire
www.britishblades.com

The rules say family language. People get into the habit of using blue language when they are speaking in life, it just sort of slips out. But you are not speaking on here, you are typing. You have to make a deliberate effort to spell out your swear words on the keyboard. Nothing accidental about it. It's up to you if you choose to ignore the rules, but if you do choose to stick your foot over the line, for goodness sake dont whine when it gets chopped off. You know what you are doing. :rolleyes:

DoctorSpoon

Need to contact Admin...
Nov 24, 2007
Peak District
www.robin-wood.co.uk
I didn't see the thread, but as a parent of kids under 10 who both lurk on here I'm quite happy that the mods do this sort of thing.

As adults it is up to us to set example for the next generation to follow. If we accept swearing and abusive language as normal then so will our kids. This then starts to spiral out of control until every other word is an expletive.

Before any body accuses me of me a bleeding heart do gooder - I've done over 12 years service in the Reserve Forces, worked building sites as an electrician and can swear with the worst of you - but there is a time and a place, that place is not here!

Simon
Well said Simon. My kids are a bit older - 11 and 14 - and just learning when it is and isn't acceptable to swear. I'd rather they didn't feel it was acceptable to use swear words on a public forum.
Nicola

spiritofold

Banned
May 7, 2004
Winchester
www.spiritofold.co.uk
Hmmm. Not alot i can say to that is there.

Im not whining about it, its being said in a very deep gruff Hampshire accent :) I just think its a bit much that someone can bitch about my language rather than talking to me about what is wrong.

PM me about it by all means, but to run off and tell tales on me is low :rolleyes:

I can understand where people are coming from with kids reading it etc, which aint good.

:cool:

joejoe

On a new journey
Jan 18, 2007
washington
i was reading that thread at the time and saw someone comment on your language, but could not see what you had said to offend

ecobandit

Tenderfoot
Dec 28, 2007
northumberland
spiritofold I was the person who pulled you up on your foul expletives and what did you do.apologised no!,instead you had a sarcastic rant and infered that you are who you are and nobody can stop you,I told you that you were on thin ice.well it cracked and you fell in ,got wet ,now lets move on,i,m sure your,re man enough to accept that we all have to keep it clean

May 12, 2007
Derby, UK
www.berax.co.uk
spiritofold I was the person who pulled you up on your foul expletives and what did you do.apologised no!,instead you had a sarcastic rant and infered that you are who you are and nobody can stop you,I told you that you were on thin ice.well it cracked and you fell in ,got wet ,now lets move on,i,m sure your,re man enough to accept that we all have to keep it clean

Net police then a Ecobandit and Grasser to boot,better watch out when your about.:p

Bernie

scanker

Aug 15, 2005
Cardiff, South Wales
I have been known to swear! :D I don't swear on the forums though, in the same way I don't swear in front of my kids. Yes, they'll hear it eventually, but there's no need for them to hear it now.

As I see it, you adapt to the situation you're in and the rules of the forum dictate that it's for a family audience, so you don't swear.

Most people who ask to be banned, invariably go down that inevitable path. You seem to have calmed down from your original post. Put it behind you spiritofold and move on, as I'm sure you can.

ecobandit

Tenderfoot
Dec 28, 2007
northumberland
mr garland I hope that you are not refering to me as a "grasser" ,I would not have gone as far if spiritofold had just accepted what he had written was wrong!,Iam not a prood I can and frequently do swear with the best of them but this website is not the place to do it

spiritofold

Banned
May 7, 2004
Winchester
www.spiritofold.co.uk

Yes.

I know who you are.

May 12, 2007
Derby, UK
www.berax.co.uk
mr garland I hope that you are not refering to me as a "grasser" ,I would not have gone as far if spiritofold had just accepted what he had written was wrong!,Iam not a prood I can and frequently do swear with the best of them but this website is not the place to do it

When did you become a Mod then,i thought that was there job,seen to many wanabee mods here of late,a little bit of polite swearing whats the prob ?you should have logged on this morning when Eva introduced herself,you'd have had something to moan about then:D

Bernie

Status
Not open for further replies.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE