I post too much competition!

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

John Fenna

Lifetime Member & Maker
Oct 7, 2006
Pembrokeshire
OK - so I post too much ...yet another multiple of 1000 post s is coming up!:yikes:
Again I am having a little competition to celebrate this event, the prize this time being a PDF version of my book "A Basic Guide to Making your own Budget Bushcrafting Equipment" (the winner will need an e-mail address for me to send it to!):)
As this is a PDF I can send it anywhere on the globe!

The question you all need to answer is "What kind of fungus has been most noticably prolific in my little patch of woodland this autumn?"

The woods in question are well drained mixed wodland with everything from Pines to Alder Buckthorn including Birch, Willow, Rowan and Blackthorn.

I will pick the winner out of the crowds on (or just after) my 7000th post!
If no one gets it right then I will accept the second most noticable/memorable fungus to be seen in the wood this year.

Good luck to you all!

MartiniDave

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Aug 29, 2003
Cambridgeshire
Well John, I was going to say face fungus, but that would be cheeky! So I'll say Shaggy Parasol (don't know the dead-roman name for it!)

All the best,

Dave

John Fenna

Lifetime Member & Maker
Oct 7, 2006
Pembrokeshire
There are some very good, some very amusing and some downright wird answers here! :)
I have not noticed any yeasts, though they are prolific no doubt - LBJs do not count - get a good reference book!
I know very little about fungi and have to look all the scientifical names up myself......

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE