I now a Wetterlings fan..

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Ozhaggishead

Nomad
Dec 8, 2007
Sydney
www.flickr.com
Any of you guys Wetterlings axe fans??I just did a bit of a trade with with a chap from Denmark and got the 19" hunters axe.As you can tell from this short vid I am haveing a lot of fun.Is a really great tool cuts very wel I need to do a full reveiw..

.[video=youtube_share;ntUvOZmKhrc]http://youtu.be/ntUvOZmKhrc[/video]

bigroomboy

Nomad
Jan 24, 2010
West Midlands
That looks like a great chopper, the problem normally is a good chopper doesn't split so well. I need something that does a bit of everything. I bet thats great for carving! I do like the slightly better price of wetterlings tho and I've only heard good things about them.

Ozhaggishead

Nomad
Dec 8, 2007
Sydney
www.flickr.com
That looks like a great chopper, the problem normally is a good chopper doesn't split so well. I need something that does a bit of everything. I bet thats great for carving! I do like the slightly better price of wetterlings tho and I've only heard good things about them.

I lot of axe for your doller I say..!!

I mean pound...lol:rolleyes:

Last edited:

juttle

Nomad
Feb 27, 2012
Devon
I've used a wetterlings carpenters axe for years and can't speak highly enough of it! Very high quality, great balance and great for carving. Probably a bit too thin for felling work, but truly excellent for everything I ask of it.

Highly recommended!

bigroomboy

Nomad
Jan 24, 2010
West Midlands
after reading this the first time i saw a youtube vid by dave canterbury talking to the ceo of wetterlings who said the original owner of gb bought wetterlings and ran both for a while. a few years go he sold off gb. so excellent pedegree in wetterling

Imagedude

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Feb 24, 2011
Gwynedd
Looks a lot like my 850g Hultafors axe, they probably come out of the same factory.

DSC01506.JPG

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE