I need a new basha!

Shewie

Mod
Mod
Dec 15, 2005
Yorkshire
How did you manage to rip it Greg if you don`t mind me asking ? Was it through regular use, mistreatment or pure human error ?

I`ve just bought one myself so it would be good to know

How big`s the tear, is it not repairable ?

Greg

Jul 16, 2006
Pembrokeshire
How did you manage to rip it Greg if you don`t mind me asking ? Was it through regular use, mistreatment or pure human error ?

I`ve just bought one myself so it would be good to know

How big`s the tear, is it not repairable ?

The DD tarp does not have a central ridge/support loop so to help me lift the center of the tarp I bought some of these:
http://www.raymears.com/Bushcraft_Product/651-Clingons-Large

Which at the time I thought would be a good idea!:rolleyes:
I attached one to the central point, tied on some paracord and began to raise the tarp, all of a sudden the clingon broke away from the tarp taking a sizeable amount with it!

I don't think the tarp is repairable, definately not by me anyway!

preacherman

May 21, 2008
Cork, Ireland
I know you were looking for specific information on the fox tarp but I can recommend this tarp to you.http://www.usmcpro.com/usmcgb/indexf.php

I got one this year and it has put up with plenty of wind and rain and general abuse. Also it is 3m x 3m so will give good cover. It does weigh slightly more than the fox but not enough to bother me. Only comes in camo though.

I know you were looking for specific information on the fox tarp but I can recommend this tarp to you.http://www.usmcpro.com/usmcgb/indexf.php

I got one this year and it has put up with plenty of wind and rain and general abuse. Also it is 3m x 3m so will give good cover. It does weigh slightly more than the fox but not enough to bother me. Only comes in camo though.

I've been using one of these for the last 3 years and cannot recomend them enough, in my opinion way better than a Tatonka and a million times better than a DD! :lmao: I use mine all the time and it gets used hard. Its not as tough as an MOD issue one mind you, but it is light, hard wearing and the only fault I've had was part of a loop coming away when I tried to make a hammock out of it:cop: the pie policeman will come and get me pmsl!

You won't go far wrong with one of these!

Greg

Jul 16, 2006
Pembrokeshire

Which are you talking about? Is it the Elite Evolution Basha?

sapper1

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Feb 3, 2008
swansea
Greg , the fox basha is an excellent bi of lighweight kit they come in DPM or olive ,they have loops inside for hanging a mossie net and ridge loops on the outside ,these stop water running down the ridge line and dripping onto your dossbag they also have loops on the end of the ridge so you can use loops and prussiks to tesion the tarp.These are an excellent bit of kit.They are available on ebay from Calstermans and the delivery service is excellent,

Kepis

Jul 17, 2005
Sussex
My youngest has one, not had a problem with it, in fact i slept under it during our last overnight trip up the woods, whilst the two boys slept under my 3x3, the one on the right is the Fox btw

Dscn5020.jpg

not a bad bit of kit

preacherman

May 21, 2008
Cork, Ireland
Which are you talking about? Is it the Elite Evolution Basha?

Yeah, I bought the british DPM version. I would have bought green if it was available. I dont use a ridge line on this as there is a taped seam on the ridge. If I use a midge net I just run a length of para cord and hang the net with a carabina.

Very good piece of kit, silent in a breeze too.

Nelis

Forager
Mar 9, 2007
Oudenbosch
Hi Greg,

I have seen the FOX basha in a store. Have you noticed that the fox basha also lacks the loop along the centre ridge line... This has put me off buying one. I'm almost 2 meters long and therefore find the military tarps to short and have bought the elite tarp as well. I have added 2 loops to the ridge ao that one though. 3 weeks after I bought one I found out the new DD tarps now have loops along the ridgeline though and now am thinking of buying one of those as they are half the weight of the 3 X 3 elite tarps I think it will probably pack smaller as well.

The elite tarp fills up a complete top pocket of an lowe alpine saracen rucksack, and I can't find a way to pack it smaller.

sapper1

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Feb 3, 2008
swansea
Nelis, the fox basha has two loops on the ridge line to support the basha ,these are about a foot from the ends.It also has two loops inside to supprt a mossie net,if you look carefuly at the earlier post you can see the two outer loops clearly.

mick miller

Jan 4, 2008
Herts.
You won't regret it! I love mine, shame its not green but I have no aversion to using a bit of DPM in the UK. Besides, its not like your not walking around in it are you?

The central webbing is handy too as you can get away with using two shorter lengths of cord either end rather than a full ridge line if you prefer.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE