I LOVE the rain!

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

gliderrider

Forager
Oct 26, 2011
Derbyshire, UK
I thionk its got a lot to do with the company your with as well. During the autum I went on 2 walks with heavy rain, both about 14mile stints, one made me feel alive, the other was a nightmare. Luckily I've binned the guy that made the walk feel like a living hell from my walking partners list.

rik_uk3

Banned
Jun 10, 2006
south wales
Must be an age thing, I did like rain but these days I'm much happier when the sun is shining and its 20c during the day or more as I hope it will be when I get to Gran Canaria in about six weeks time :)

Given the choice of camping in the woods in the winter (as much as I enjoy it) or sitting in the warm outdoors eating a simple menu del dia I'm afraid the menu of the day now wins hands down.

Zingmo

Eardstapa
Jan 4, 2010
S. Staffs
We have a corrugated carport attached to the garage and i love to be in it when its lashing.

I'm with you on this one. When I was a lad I lived in East Africa and the house just had a wiggly tin roof. The sound of the rain lashing down on the roof was magical. The downside was that there was no glass in the windows, just wire mesh. So when it was windy and raining, the end of the bed would get wet!
The house did have a huge verandah down the length of the building which meant we could live outdoors even during the rainy season. It has always struck me as odd that a country which gets as much rain as the UK does has so few covered outdoor spaces. Many other countries build verandahs, porches and gazebos evrywhere but it seems we have gardens that we just look at through the window for most of the year, except for a few weeks in summer when it is so hot we have to put up parasols and other stuff to give some shade!

Z

my friend, the great of winds that sweep through the british forests, rendering the transportation of pollen are my favorite natural display of nature. I love nothing better than a long days foraging, embracing the gusts of all important oxygen engulfing my face. I used find that some animals are shy when thy rain do fall, therefore reducing the chances of making a catch, however, now speaking from the perspective of an advanced boyuer/bushman, i have learnt the secret code of the woodland foe and can now track them, following their every move and more often than not, bring home a tasty beast for my eat.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE