I found another one

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Mad Mike

Nomad
Nov 25, 2005
Maidstone
]
STnew_zps69d9d0f9.jpg

British Red

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Dec 30, 2005
Mercia
Great shot - you don't see so many Wild Service Trees "in the wild" since the fruit cannot germinate here any more.

Was this one in or near a hedge?

John Fenna

Lifetime Member & Maker
Oct 7, 2006
Pembrokeshire
In Pembrokeshire we have quite a few Wild Service Trees - both wild and planted. Some of the ones on the Care Farm where I do a bit of work are bearing fruit... but they were planted about 20 years or so ago.

Mad Mike

Nomad
Nov 25, 2005
Maidstone
Great shot - you don't see so many Wild Service Trees "in the wild" since the fruit cannot germinate here any more.

Was this one in or near a hedge?

This one is in the woods. in The RBSB Blean reserve. This makes 4 sizable Wild service. 2 are together & have various little one clustered around them. Suckered up from the roots I imagine.
One other little one no where near any known parent plant. I like to dream this one came up from seed.

Mike

Mad Mike

Nomad
Nov 25, 2005
Maidstone
I know where there is a service tree of Fontainebleau - hybrid of wild service and whitebeam. :)

If you are any good with Sorbus hybrids I would love an ID on this one.

Sorbus.jpg

Red I have a small True service in my garden - grown from seed. also a planted Wild service

Mike

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE