i fought the saw, and the saw won!

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

spandit

Bushcrafter through and through
Jul 6, 2011
East Sussex, UK
Familiarity breeds contempt? It is easy to get complacent with a chainsaw once you've used one for a bit - thank goodness this time it was only a minor injury - glad you're OK. If you're selling the chainsaw cheap can I buy it (but leave the blood on - makes it cool!) :D

Everything Mac

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Nov 30, 2009
Scotland
Offt, very lucky indeed you muppet.

Glad everything is still attached and working. Hope it heals up ok.

I'll stick to my axes for now.

All the best.

barking badger

Forager
Aug 2, 2011
derbyshire
if you had old of the blade on a chainsaw . and that's all that happened your a very lucky man its a nice clean cut usualy they just chew everything up and leave a right mess . did it require stitches

Sent from my GT-I9100

Poacher

Tenderfoot
Aug 14, 2006
Kilgarvan, Co.Kerry. ROI
So what saw you using? I have the Husky 357xp and a Husky 353 as back up, plus a couple of others. Be lost without them and would have a cold family this winter.
You got your CS30 and 31 done i take it and full PPE? All those boxes ticked it can only be put down as one of those unlucky things. By the look of the pic it was in between your gloves and jacket anyway so i guess PPE wouldnt have saved the day any how.
Speedy recovery mate.

Harvestman

Bushcrafter through and through
May 11, 2007
Pontypool, Wales, Uk
That beats my 'being an idiot with an axe' story. Glad you are ok.

Remember, there's no such things as a dangerous tool, just an idiot holding on to it by the handle.

On the plus side, another scar to impress the girls with...

Rockmonkey

Settler
Jan 12, 2012
uk
Got cs30,31,32,34,38,39 &41!.
Advised by instructor and examinor too dangerous to wear jacket up a tree, and got told off using gloves as you can't do rope work! it's impossible!!
But you are right, it would have been between the PPE anyway!
Maybe a lack of 100% concentration, I will never know!, but I god damn guarantee it won't happen again!
No accidents at your end i presume, and i presume you have all the necessary cirtifictates as well so understand!. Glad you have not been as unlucky as I!
I'm a Sthil man through and through, but only because that's what i learnt on with dismantling etc, and i have some friends with Husky's, great choice with what you have, wouldn't mind those myself!:)
Thanks for the speedy recovery!

RM

Rockmonkey

Settler
Jan 12, 2012
uk
A bad workman blames his tool's, only person to blame, me!:mad::cussing::banghead::rant::aargh4:
I won't do it again i promise!:)

RM

Last edited:

ged

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jul 16, 2009
In the woods if possible.
Gawd thats a guudun, good job!
Is there a lesson here? Know its a freak accident but there must be away to avoid this type of accident.

Something about keeping hold of th bl00dy thing with both hands until it stops?

Glad it's on the mend, that was a very close call!

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE