I Did It!!!!!

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

TheViking

Native
Jun 3, 2004
On the 17.10.2004 16:01 local time TheViking made FIRE BY FRICTION in his room!!
I kid you not when I say it took approx. 3-4 minutes. I put a new and stronger string in my bow and used charcloth as tinder. And grit 120 sandpaper as ember pan. I did it in my 2'nd try. The first try was just a hole lot of dust , but the 2'nd time I had a pile of dust in my charcloth which smoked!!!! :shock: I blowed carefully, but it actually took care of itself and lit the charcloth. :eek:): :eek:): :eek:):

I blowed and blowed. The charcloth lit more and more and then I took a piece of paper, sat it into the charcloth and blowed. In 30 seconds I had A FLAME!!! :biggthump :biggthump :pack:

I'm so happy now!!!!...... (sorry about the bad english and grammar, but I just can't type right now... :eek:): :eek:): :eek:): :eek:): :eek:): :eek:):

Big CHEERS :uu: :uu:

(whoops, daddy found out that I had lit a flame in the house. :shock:)

TheViking

Native
Jun 3, 2004
A pic of "the kit".
DSC00229.jpg

Hoodoo

Nov 17, 2003
Michigan, USA
Nice work! It's always a good feeling getting that coal and then a flame. Sounds like you got it down. Congrats! :biggthump

DUCky

Nomad
Aug 17, 2004
Utrecht, The Netherlands
Congrats!

Be sure to remember that you have to appease the firegods from time to time or else you will struggle without getting an ember even though you have done it several times. It is not an exact science... there is also mystery.......

bless thee oh great firegod in the sky, we are not worthy.......

Good one Viking!

Lennart

ScottC

Banned
May 2, 2004
uk
Well done Andy! I will have to give it a go now seeing as i'm probably the only one who hasn't by now :roll:

den

Nomad
Jun 13, 2004
Bristol
Well done mate.
I remember my first time dancing around with a big ball of flamin tinder in my hands.
I had the same buzz when i lit my first camp fire with fricton all night when you look at the fire you'll smirk to yourself. :clap: :clap:

Paganwolf

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jul 26, 2004
Essex, Uk
www.WoodlifeTrails.com
hootchi said:
Iv not mastered it yet. Made fire once but not again. Maybe i should take paganwolfs advice. We are not worthy, we are not worthy.... right must stop joking i think it actually works.
:rolmao: :rolmao: keep going, took me a while, its like riding a bike once you get it you will want to try every bike in town :rolmao: :rolmao:

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE