I built a Rocket Stove!!

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Dan J

Tenderfoot
Feb 21, 2012
Ludlow
So I've wanted to build one of these for ages.
I managed to cadge a piece of 110mm steel tube and then put my mediocre welding skills to the test.

I enjoyed making it, despite having limited metalworking experience. Seems to work pretty well. I had been worried that it would be a bit unstable but its pretty heavy so it won't knock over easily.

Sorry if the video quality isn't up to much. Its only the second one I've tried editing together.

[video=youtube;vJa1u_oWEao]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vJa1u_oWEao[/video]

scarfell

Forager
Oct 4, 2016
south east
Nice build! Just needs a little flap for inlet air control

You made it simple enough for me to consider giving it a go! Had a few ideas of the years for building a stove, they never seem to sell them just the way i'd like lol

Bishop

Jan 25, 2014
Pencader
How long to boil a litre of water? :eek:
Seriously though that's a nice little project build, no frills and very functional.

Dan J

Tenderfoot
Feb 21, 2012
Ludlow
Hi folks. Thanks a lot for the support and the feedback.

Good stuff, what will you do with it? Seems a bit too small for large pots and too big to carry around?....

I can see what you mean.
I mostly plan to use it on camping trips rather than carrying it around anywhere. Usually I'm only boiling a kettle or cooking for one or two people.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE