I am humbled by generosity.

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

British Red

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Dec 30, 2005
Mercia
BB today announced that I had received a mystery parcel with a funny label :)

Great label by British Red, on Flickr

Given the label, I had an inkling who it was from....but wasn't expecting a parcel from the guy in question.

Now, I have been ranting for a while that I can't find "industrial sized" kitchenware. Given our lifestyle, we bulk prepare food, beer, wine etc. Many times I have scalded my hands trying to stir a huge vat of something with a conventional sized spoon or spatula. We have very particular needs - large, strong stirrers with flat bottoms to get any "stuck" stuff off the bottom of five gallon saucepans.

So in the parcel were two wonderful spoon / stirrer / paddles. I have shown a regular wooden spoon (my favourite) for scale

Stirrers and normal spoon by British Red, on Flickr

A better scale and the usefulness of "proper" sized utensils can be seen showing a spoon in one of our pans

Stirrers and pan by British Red, on Flickr

and a brewing vessel

Stirrers and beer by British Red, on Flickr

Hand made, from ash using a draw knife and rounding plane from opposing sides of the same log, these tools are going to get a proper workout - but will make our lives considerably easier.

I would like to thank Kepis of this parish for his incredible kindness - and a gift that made my weekend and BBs.

You are a gentleman Mark

Harvestman

Bushcrafter through and through
May 11, 2007
Pontypool, Wales, Uk
Dammit, I wondered where those oars I commissioned from him for a rowboat had gone. He promised he had posted them. I'll pm you my address to forward them on...

They do look useful as pan stirrers though.

:)

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
Now that's kitchen bling :D Proper tools :approve: decently made and with an eye for pleasing shape too :)
Nicely done Mark; deserves rep :D

BR, may you always have sommat to stir with them :)

cheers,
Toddy

Macaroon

A bemused & bewildered
Jan 5, 2013
SE Wales
What a nice thing to read! That's what makes it so pleasant to be a member here............Good one, Kepis!

bigbear

May 1, 2008
Yorkshire
Yes, sometimes one is struck by good old fashioned decency, and wonders why there is so
little of it about, most of what there is seems to here and on similar forums.
good work sir !

Kepis

Jul 17, 2005
Sussex
Cheers Red and others, just seemed like the thing to do as i know you have been after something like this for a little while, when i saw the piece of wood i knew what it was going to become and where it was destined to be used.

@Spandit, 5 mins?, was nearer 6 as i had to sand it :rolleyes::lmao:

Kepis

Jul 17, 2005
Sussex
Cheers Steve, like you , im looking forward to seeing the photo's of these in action in Reds Kitchen :)

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE