Hyundi Santa Fe

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Robbi

Banned
Mar 1, 2009
northern ireland
anyone got experience of these ?

i've been offered a cracker at a really good price, thinking of taking it over the Grand Vitara.....any thoughts ?

Shewie

Mod
Mod
Dec 15, 2005
Yorkshire
My sister-in-law had one a couple of years ago Robbie and hers was a bit of a money pit when she got rid. It might have just been a duffer though

TeeDee

Nov 6, 2008
Exeter
I drove an nice newish rental one in Canada for Two Weeks , comfy spacious , reasonable boot space. I've got no idea if its a real 4x4 , as we were only doing roads and not any hairy-a###d tracks.

loosehead

Oct 7, 2011
skegness
hi - had a santa fe since january . got it to be able to move me around the rural areas that i work in - and has been great . very comfy , loads of room ( 2 kids , dog and weeks camping gear is no problem ) and not had anything go wrong - have done nearly 25000 miles in it . obviously it costs to tax and fill up - but isn't too thirsty on the runs i do - mostly 30 to 60 rural roads

Johnnyboy1971

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Dec 24, 2010
Yorkshire
I hope it's better than my Volvo xc90 was. 100 quid to fill it and 310 miles to a tank. Awesome motor though.

Ronnie

Settler
Oct 7, 2010
Highland
My mother in law has one. Drives a lot better than it looks. Not sure on mpg, but good. Less space inside than expected. She's had many, many clutches - but I think she rides the pedal!

Not a bad motor at all.

Robbi

Banned
Mar 1, 2009
northern ireland
this deal just looks good to me, gonna have to advertise the Grand Vitara first though. Still, this time of year should be good for selling a reasonable 4 X 4

peaks

Settler
May 16, 2009
Derbys
Hi,
I've had different experiences with Subarus. I've had 3 Foresters - all non turbo - and never had any problems with any of them. Turbo versions might be a different story - I don't know.
Providing they are serviced regularly they are very reliable. I put 70k miles in 2yrs on one of them and it never missed a beat.
If you look there are an awful lot of aging subaru estates - Foresters, Legacy, Outbacks on the road which says something about durability. I have always had 30-33mpg out of mine, and thats mixed driving intown traffic and A roads/motorways.

loosehead

Oct 7, 2011
skegness
that's pretty much what mine works out at mate
like all things it's horses for courses - the 20% off roading ( farm tracks , grass and stubble fields ) is managed with no problem

Graham_S

Squirrely!
Feb 27, 2005
Saudi Arabia
Loads of guys drive Santa Fe's out here in the desert, they seem to have a good rep for reliability, comfort etc.
Don't know about fuel economy, because when petrol costs 10p/l no-one pays any attention to it!

jeffz

Forager
Apr 4, 2011
Surrey
Hi,
I've had different experiences with Subarus. I've had 3 Foresters - all non turbo - and never had any problems with any of them. Turbo versions might be a different story - I don't know.
Providing they are serviced regularly they are very reliable. I put 70k miles in 2yrs on one of them and it never missed a beat.
If you look there are an awful lot of aging subaru estates - Foresters, Legacy, Outbacks on the road which says something about durability. I have always had 30-33mpg out of mine, and thats mixed driving intown traffic and A roads/motorways.
Yep. Agree. Non-turbos are the way to go for longevity. And they're still miles better than the Santa Fe. And Scoobies have both agricultural and rallying provenance. the Forester's an Impreza underneath. And that qualifies it as one of the all-time great motor-cars, up there with the original Audi Quattro and Lancia Delta Integrale.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE