hunting wolf with golden eagles !!

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

demographic

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Apr 15, 2005
-------------
One one of the clips it looks like the footage was cut just as the fairly small wolf got a hold of the eagle and started to shake it so its not all one sided.

iotarho

Tenderfoot
Apr 1, 2009
Tunbridge Wells
There's a little bit on that in one of the Ray Mears prog's - can't remember which. I also found it particularly amusing how in the UK it takes us a year to break in a young horse. Whilst in Mongolia they just lassoo a fully grown stallion, jump on and thrash it for 2days until it's broken in! They even do the same with camels but takes them 363 days longer. Mongolians are tough, tough people!

dwardo

Bushcrafter through and through
Aug 30, 2006
Nr Chester
thats some tuff old birds :yikes: think ive been out with there sister :rolleyes:so what happens to the wolf after are they used for there skins what

I would imagine they would use the fur but i think the primary reason was to protect their live stock.

luckylee

On a new Journey
Aug 24, 2010
birmingham
That was mind blowing stuff, a real shocker there wolves cant be as big as timber wolves surely, i'm shocked that the bird could do that, but when you think of those talons, and then you think of the wolves head, they have so much power in those talons, and if they were to Pearce the wolves skull, its game over.

Sniper

Native
Aug 3, 2008
Saltcoats, Ayrshire
Unbelievable, I never would have put my money on the birds. Cracking bit of film that and the soundtrack was pretty good too I thought. Cheers for posting that up mate.

SCOMAN

Life Member
Dec 31, 2005
Perthshire
Apparently it's the grip of the talons that does the job. The bird goes for the head and just squeezes with his talons effectively crushing the skull, phenomenal stuff.

ukbushmonkey

Tenderfoot
Aug 14, 2010
Cambridge
Its amazing how man and creature can work so close together, I was mind boggled by all that it was awesome, I even had to call my girlfriend into the room to have a look but she didnt have a big smile on her face like I did, the soundtrack was a good choice, almost like the guy singing has had a few to many shots and was spewing, but no I really like it lol

Dan Wound

Tenderfoot
Jun 6, 2006
Bristol
Best bit's gotta be when you think the Bird has had it, the wolf gets totally on top of it and BOOOMMM !!! Another Eagle lands on it !! Fantastic.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE