Hunting jacket

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

luckylee

On a new Journey
Aug 24, 2010
birmingham
Hi all, I'm looking for a recommendation please for a decent quiet hunting jacket fir this winter please..
i have about 150 to 200 to spend, any body who gets out there and uses there jacket or had a good recomendation please must be quiet any help would be appreciated I have looked at the Swazi but 400 pound for a jacket to possibly get ripped and that type of stuff is just too much fir me to spend.

Clouston98

Woodsman & Beekeeper
Aug 19, 2013
Cumbria
I use a bison bushcraft shirt for most things and it's tweed. Not waterproof but keeps you dry in all but the heaviest, comfy and moleskin lined, and as you wanted it's extremely quiet. To be honest I don think there is anything as quiet as wool or natural fibre garments in general. Hope this helps :).

santaman2000

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Jan 15, 2011
Florida
It might help to be a little more specific:
-Hunting what species?
-Method of hunting? (sitting quietly in a stand or actively stalking, etc?)

These details will dictate how quiet the material needs to be as well as the amount of climate protection you'll need (i.e. sitting static will need more insulation whereas active stalking needs to be easily ventilated)

luckylee

On a new Journey
Aug 24, 2010
birmingham
It might help to be a little more specific:
-Hunting what species?
-Method of hunting? (sitting quietly in a stand or actively stalking, etc?)

These details will dictate how quiet the material needs to be as well as the amount of climate protection you'll need (i.e. sitting static will need more insulation whereas active stalking needs to be easily ventilated)
Hi mate I do both.. But stalking through the wood after pigeon is what I love to do most hope that helps

santaman2000

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Jan 15, 2011
Florida
Hi mate I do both.. But stalking through the wood after pigeon is what I love to do most hope that helps

I imagine it should help some. I'll leave it to the good people of the forum who are more local to you to offer the actual advise; they'll be better aware of your climate and availability than I. But I imagine they'll be more able to access those needs now that the parameters are better defined.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE