Hummingbird Hawk Moth

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

British Red

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Dec 30, 2005
Mercia
cos BB grows lovely lavender hedges interspersed with 35 other insecty (is that a word?) flowers and its now on their travel agents site? No? Ahhh well thought not :(

Does make a huge difference though now we have all these flowers. We have some lovely solitary bees too making nests in the grass.

I know its a tiny thing, but it pleases us.

I just want stag beetles in our wood pile now :approve:

oh and barn owls in the barn owl box....rather than pigeons :(

They are nesting in our neighbours barn this year so I suspect we are too close for the territories

JonathanD

Ophiological Genius
Sep 3, 2004
Stourton,UK
They are cracking little creatures. Another invasive species maybe, but one I love to watch on the lavender bushes at the bottom of our garden.

British Red

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Dec 30, 2005
Mercia
Nice to see Red.I havent seen one for ages...
Is it true only certain people can hear them?Have you heard of that?

Not heard that Nige - but if they are at a particular frequency it makes sense.

Its great to see these things for me. I doubt we are encouraging anything very original - just providing a little extra habitat so we get to enjoy them. That's enough for me. We have at least three sets of nesting goldfinches and a song thrush pair. I adore song thrushes - can listen to them for hours.

I must photograph the burrowing bees at some point!

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE